Searching for Facebook alternatives? You're on the right page. Facebook is undoubtedly the most populous social media network but many people are unhappy about its new security policies, or they need a change. So, if you are looking for best alternatives to Facebook, there are numerous social media platforms out there for you that you will find good alternatives to Facebook. Whether you are unhappy about the new privacy policies or you want to try something new, here is a list of the closest and best alternatives to Facebook that you should try:
Google made news when it launched the new Google+ social platform. Google+ is one of the strongest competitor and closest Facebook alternative. There are a lot of advantages associated with Google+. Firstly, it is integrated with the many Apps of Google. So you practically get everything in one place. Secondly, it offers different social circles for all the people you are connected with. Hence, you can manage your relationships in a more natural way. The mobile App for Google+ is considered better and faster than that of Facebook. If you didn't join Google+ back in the days when it was launched just because it felt like a ghost town, trying it now won't be a disappointment!
Habbo has 200 million registered users. It is a theme based social platform where each of the user has a hotel that he could shape up according to his personality and area of interest. It does not allow chat and hence some people believe that it is targeted towards a younger audience. It is more like a social interactive game. It could be fun for people who want to try something different from Facebook.
Analysts suggest that the social media networking trends of 2019 would be interest based. If you enjoy interacting with people who share the same interests with you then Pinterest is a great site to join and an addictive alternative to Facebook as well!
Pinterest offers bulletin boards where you could add the images of your interest. You could maintain different bulletin boards for different interests. You could find new people who share the same interests as you. This social platform is quite different from Facebook but in no way less interesting or addictive!
A Twitter profile seems more like a personalized newspaper. It has been found that the teens in USA are trending more towards Twitters as compared to Facebook. The reason is that there are too many adults of Facebook; parents, teachers and a lot of drama, teens from America said. Anybody, who doesn't like a lot of nosy people around them, could shift to Twitter.
Tagged is a California based Social platform with more that 100 million users. It is quite famous with high school kids who want to socialize based on same interest domains. It is quite like Facebook as it allows messages, finding friends, playing games and maintaining a profile. If you bring a bunch of friend on Tagged and start using it as the primary social media platform, you won't miss Facebook!
Diaspora allows complete ownership of user data unlike Facebook. It allows users to be able to download all their data from the site. It allows similar privacy settings as Facebook; users can make their posts visible to limited or public audience.
These were the closest and top alternatives to Facebook. You may also be interested to read about:
Facebook has changed the ways things were and the way life used to be. Same goes for business ventures. Many people have built their businesses on Facebook and they are doing pretty well. Analyzing successful businesses run through Facebook, we have come across the following techniques that could help you build your business on this social media platform.
- Connect with people on Facebook. Add people even if you have met them only once. This way you will have a very wide circle and your ideas would reach a lot of
- Create some pages and groups on Facebook that promote your business through different means. For example, one page could be solely promoting the commodities you sell and the other could be a cause-based page that in turn redirects the fans to your business page or website.
- Enthusiasm and patience is what is needed to run a social platform. You need to create a buzz to attract the people and engage them with your ideas. You could look into your organization for such a social person and ask him to spend a few hours to create wonderful engaging posts. It will take time to build up a fan base and have an audience, but with sheer efforts, you will reach there.
- Participate in people's post. Comment on their statuses and like their shares. They will definitely return them back. This will also help in creating a friendly environment and caring relationship between you and people. A social personality is a great asset to a good business.
- Although playing around on Facebook is free but a little money could help you reach a lot more people. Buy Advertising on Facebook, use Facebook Ads. These ads target the particular audience that you want to access. It takes care of the geographical location, interests of people and a lot more. Even if most people don't click on these Ads, they would definitely notice your presence.
This is how to build business on Facebook. These simple tricks could help in making a considerable fan base on Facebook! You may also be interested to to learn:
Facebook is a household name, we all know about it. But there exist some interesting facts that we are unaware about. The social network is indeed surprising!
Following are some interesting facts about Facebook - the gigantic social media site.
Everyday, almost 250 million photos are uploaded on Facebook
Photo sharing is the most popular feature of Facebook. Just imagine the amount of pictorial data that the site holds! The idea of Photo Sharing was conceived by Sean Parker, the then President of Facebook, but Mark Zuckerberg was hesitant in implementing it.
On an average, a Facebook user is linked to almost 85 pages
There are millions of Community Pages on Facebook. Each page has a different purpose and agenda. Some are just intended for fun. While most of us would have liked a few hundred of these Facebook pages, there are people who just don't care about them. So on average, it has been estimated that each individual is associated with 85 Facebook pages.
Facebook has been responsible for 1 out of 5 divorces in USA
Internet has made relationships vulnerable. The rate of infidelity is soaring high. According to a research, the word Facebook has appeared in every 1 out of 5 petitions for divorce, in one way or another. The easy accessibility that Facebook provides is remarkable but lethal when it comes to sensitive relationships.
You may also like to read Top Common Reasons for Divorce
Facebook users who own mobile devices are twice as active as the others
It is speculated that in a few years, Facebook would be solely accessed from mobile devices owing to the boom in the Smartphones industry. Today, people who use Facebook through their mobile devices or Smartphones are far more active on the site as compared to the ones who use Desktop PCs.
Almost 30 million accounts on Facebook belong to the deceased
This might appear haunting but it is a true fact that more that 30 million Facebook users have passed away and their accounts still exist. Facebook provides the facility of memorializing the accounts on the basis of any written proof of expiry provided by the deceased's relatives.
Interesting facts, indeed!
The Power of Facebook
More than one billion people use Facebook. Simple mathematics yields that almost one out of every 7 people use Facebook, that means Facebook is quite a populated community. Facebook is fun, it is a good way to stay connected and it helps in numerous social causes as well, owing to the freedom it provides.
But the Downside of It...
But, just like any other thing in the world, Facebook has its downside as well. The freedom that this site provides could be used to sabotage someone on personal and professional levels. The power of Facebook is immense and it is overlooked by the majority of people. It is not merely a platform for socializing, but a great sink of personal data.
Some Ways Facebook Could be Used Against You
1. There are many fake accounts on Facebook. Some reports claim that there are as many as 83 million fake accounts on Facebook. These accounts are sometimes used just for fun. But many times, these fake accounts are used for harassing innocent people. Harassing women is quite common on Facebook. Women are sometimes exploited by using their personal data and photos.
2. Sometimes, harassment on Facebook involves more than one person. Corporate cyber stalking is the process when a company harasses an individual or a group of people harass a company. This kind of tormenting is generally done with an agenda in mind. The interests could be ideological, social or material gains!
3. These days Facebook is flooded with Confession Communities of different institutions. These pages ensure anonymity for the confessor but they could be used to provoke individuals as well.
4. People sometimes become extremely casual on Facebook. Posting explicit images and statuses on Facebook or saying illegal stuff can cause serious detrimental effects on your professional image. The content could be used to sabotage you in the workplace.
5. The Facebook content could be used in legal cases. No matter what privacy settings you adhere to, the court could legally access almost your each and every activity to get to the bottom of the story.
These instances prove that Facebook could be quite lethal in some cases, and can easily be used against you. Be warned!
I also recommend you read Top things you should never do on Facebook when in relationship.