- Category: Technology
- Hits: 1260
What is Business Management Software?
Business Management Software or business software or business application is any computer software used to measure and increase productivity of various business functions. Business Management Software assists users in performing different useful tasks in various business functions such as accounts, procurement, human resource, customer relationship, project management office, etc.
Example Uses of Business Management Software
Using Business Software, you can create a project activity schedule or generate invoices or manage big pool of project resources. In addition, you can easily generate reports to share with clients, your company management or other people. Some Business Software will also allow you integrate information stored in the software with others business software as well as other people.
Benefits of Using Business Software
- It saves time of the user in entering data in the software
- It prevents mistakes during data entry.
- It is easy to use and many are customizable to suit your needs.
- It keeps tracks of changes made in the information.
- It allows easily navigate through data, add, modify, sort, group, filter information.
All of these benefits, in turn increase efficiency of business functions.
Different Ways Business Software is Used
- Single User:These software applications are installed on individual user's computers and the user performs actions which he needs to.
- Collaborative:These software applications are used by various users on the network. For example, one user may update schedule and the other user will generate report from that data. Different users may use the software simultaneously or at different times, as needed.
- Desktop: Software is installed on a laptop or Desktop PC for use by the user.
- Web based:Software is installed on a computer and is accessible through a web browser like Chrome or Edge.
- Mobile phone: Mobile applications are designed for the software to be used on smart mobile phones.
Top Famous Business Software Today
- Oracle eBusiness Suite:It includes Business management applications for Supply Chain, Procurement, Manufacturing and several other business functions. Some of the popular software used include Benifits of using Oracle Primavera, which is highly useful in development of work schedule, resource and cost plan, as well as for project execution, progress update and progress monitoring.
- SAP Business One:It includes Business software for sales, purchasing, production, financial and other activities.
There are several other Business management Software applications available in the market, free and open source. The two mentioned above are among those very popular. This article answered the question ' what is Business Software '. Hope you found it helpful.
- Category: Technology
- Hits: 467
Both, the Primavera PPM and Primavera EPPM are meant to be used in different environments. Although both share most of their functionalities, each of these software applications have their own use. Let's find out when PPM is preferred and when EPPM may be more suitable.
Uses and Benefits of Primavera P6 EPPM
The EPPM is most suitable when:
1. You have casual scheduling needs.
2. You want to manage programs and portfolios of projects, at a larger level.
3. You want access to your projects data online from anywhere
4. You want to have a centralized resource dictionary for use by all schedulers.
5. You want to manage project risks, issues and documents
6. You want to create reporting dashboards.
Uses and Benefits of Primavera P6 PPM
Also known as Primavera Professional, it is a most commonly used Primavera software. It is most suitable in environments when:
1. You want a tool to update, review, create and analyze project data every day.
2. You want to do basic to advanced or complex level scheduling work.
3. You want a fast and efficient scheduling tool.
4. You want to work with projects offline.
5. You want quick conversions between Primavera/Excel/Project
Further readings recommended for you.
- Category: Technology
- Hits: 565
Primavera PPM vs EPPM
Are you planning to purchase or use Primavera but could not decide which one to choose - Primavera PPM or Primavera EPPM? Worry not and find below the core difference between the two forms of Primavera and also learn what functionalities each one has that the other lacks.
This form of Primavera provides an environment for team collaboration, visibility to the latest performance and transparency down to the lowest level of detail.
So, Primavera P6 EPPM is a great solution for dispersed project teams that supports a variety of roles from the most casual to providing a repository for the most detailed.
Find out what functionalities are present in EEPM that are not in PPM, here.
Primavera PPM, also known as Primavera Professional provides best in class functionality that professional schedulers expect from any mature scheduling software.
So, if you need to plan your project work in maximum detail, you need PPM. You can not do hard-core scheduling and with most efficient manner with EPPM. However, when PPM is linked to EPPM, you get the best of the both applications.
To find out more about functionality in Primavera PPM that is not present in Primavera EEPM, read this page.
Further recommended reading for you: Best Application Environments for Primavera PPM and Primavera EPPM
- Category: Technology
- Hits: 477
Primavera PPM vs Primavera EPPM
Primavera comes in two forms - Web (EPPM) and Desktop (PPM). Besides the many differences between the two, there is a difference of functionalities too. PPM has some functionalities that are not present in EPPM and EPPM has some functionalities that are not found in PPM.
The following functionalities are present in Primavera PPM but not present in Primavera EPPM:
1. Import/Export project to P3, MPP, XLS, XER
2. Line numbering
3. Time scaled logic diagrams
4. Reflection projects
5. Partial baseline updates
6. Global changes
7. Manually editing of future period values, for resources
8. Built-in ability to create any type of report.
This is how Primavera PPM (Desktop) differs from Primavera EPPM (Web). In addition to these functionalities, Primavera PPM is more commonly used around the globe than the EPPM version. There are many complexities involved in the deployment as well as usage of EPPM, that's the reasons most companies use Primavera PPM.
Which one do you use? What's your experience with it? Share how you found working with your version of Primavera, with others, in the comments section below.
Also find out: Functionality in Primavera EPPM, Not in Primavera PPM
Based on Plazart Framework
© 2019 Scientific Era