- Category: Health
- Hits: 1
If you have been diagnosed with asbestos lung cancer, your doctor may prescribe you a treatment which will lessen the symptoms, since there is yet no treatment available to fully get rid of asbestos-caused lung cancer.
Your doctor will recommend one of the following treatments if you are diagnosed with asbestos lung cancer.
1. Radiation: Thousands times stronger rays than X-rays are transferred into body to reduce size of the tumor.
2. Chemotherapy: It will be prescribed in form of medicine or intravenously.
3. Surgery: The doctor will try to remove tumor from the patient's body. This process involves removing of tumor and its surrounding tissues or entire effective location or even removal of entire lung.
Which treatment he will recommend depends on severity level. Several other methods of treating asbestos lung cancer are being experimented such as gene therapy and chemotherapy regimens.
- Category: Health
- Hits: 3
Here are the most commonly detected symptoms due to asbestos
- Breathing problem like wheezing, shortness of breath or chest tightness or pain in chest.
- Loss of proper appetite and loss of weight due to that.
- Difficulty in swallowing food.
- Coughing contains sputum (thick id) or blood
It is important to note that these symptoms may not become frequent or noticeable for a decade or more. Therefore, if one feels a little bit of the above mentioned symptom, he/she should see a doctor immediately for thorough diagnosis.
- Category: Health
- Hits: 241
There are many harmful effects of oversleeping. Too much of anything is bad. Sleeping for too long is detrimental to health and the physical well-being of a person. Although sleeping hours may be affected by various factors such as an illness, age or lifestyle habits, the optimum amount of sleeping hours per day is put at between 7 to 9 hours by most doctors. Sleeping less than 7 hours is often understood to be undesirable, but just as adverse is sleeping for more than 9 hours in a 24 hour period.
Many people do not follow an established sleeping schedule especially during their holidays. They might wake up early during the weekdays but get up late on weekends. This disrupts their sleeping pattern and eventually can lead to sleeplessness during the nights and being drowsy and sleepy during work. This affects performance of the person during work. This shows that having a regular sleeping pattern is essential and following it without any aberration is vital as well.
Harmful Effects of Oversleeping
Oversleeping has been found to be linked with ailments such as diabetes, heart disease etc. People with low social and economic status have been found more vulnerable than others. This might be due to the fact that such people do not have access to high quality health care. They might carry un-diagnosed diseases which may contribute to their irregular sleeping patterns.
A direct effect of oversleeping is obesity. Researchers have found that people who sleep 9 to 10 hours every day are 21% more likely to be obese than those who sleep the recommended 7 to 8 hours after a six year period. This trend continued even when vital factors like diet intake and physical activity were monitored and controlled. Oversleeping was adjudged to be the cause of this obesity.
People who oversleep on weekends or on vacations are prone to headaches. This is due to neurotransmitters in the brain which are affected by oversleeping resulting in headaches.
A link between oversleeping and heart diseases has also been established. A Nurses' Health Study involving 72,000 women was carried out and it was established that women who sleep 9 to 10 hours are 38% more likely to carry a heart disease than those who sleep 8 hours. Similarly people who sleep the recommended amount of hours have lower death rates than those who tend to oversleep.
Tags: Harmful Effects of Oversleeping, Oversleeping
- Category: Health
- Hits: 69
Getting Rid of Age Spots
Age spots are a great beauty concern that ruins one's appearance. However gone are the days when you used to get discouraged and feel disheartened about your looks thinking that the rest of your lives will be lived with inferiority complex and low self-esteem. Now there are comprehensive and effective age spot remedies available that can remove age spots, prevent age spots appearance again and give you a life of dignity and glamour. You can actually do these age spot remedies at home and get the same gorgeous results on your hands and face by preparing and applying that mask or mixture comprehensively on your face and other body parts. To remove age spots you might be already using bleaches and creams but nothing is better and safer than homemade age spot remedies prepared with pure intentions to remove age spots on hands and face. Here is how to remove age spots the easy way:
Apple Cider Vinegar & Onion
Apple cider vinegar and onions mixture is also advised by dermatologists. You need the juice from a fine chopped onion which you will get when you pass it from a strainer. Now mix the equal amount of apple cider vinegar into it and apply it directly on you liver spots with a clean cotton pad. You are advised to repeat this practice twice day until your flawless and glowing skin appears again. About 6 weeks are the tentative time for removal and appearance of your desired results.
You can also mix 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and some honey for sweetening into a mug of water and drink it twice a day for a month to get faster results to remove age spots on hands and face.
Aloe Vera is also a great natural ingredient that can be used to remove age spots. You can extract pure aloe Vera gel and rub it thoroughly on your age spots twice a day until you see that the spots are going. You can continue this treatment until you see lightening of spots since it is a mild ingredient that has no adverse side effects.
You can also apply a cotton pad dipped in Castor oil on your age spots twice a day for about a month to remove age spots.
Other Professional Age Spot Treatments:
Following are other age spot remedies that a dermatologist might employ your age spots.
1. Laser treatment:
You can remove age spots by using a pigment removal agent in your laser treatment. Apparently the age spot will turn grey while internally it will turn pink during the course of the treatment.
Dermatologists use cryotherapy to remove age spots. Liquid nitrogen is sprayed on age spots present on hands and is allowed to rest on them for about 15 minutes. As a result of its sitting here a new layer emerges which is lighter, healthier and younger than the previous one.
3. Chemical peels:
Chemical peels are acidic masks that when applied on skin remove age spots and lighten the color of your skin.
4. Bleaches and creams:
Bleaches and creams when applied on the skin for a prescribed time will lighten the color of your skin and hence remove age spots that decrease your beauty levels.
- Category: Health
- Hits: 281
Tips to Live Longer
The life of a person could be stretched long by making the right lifestyle choices. The health of a person significantly depends upon the habits of an expectant mother. Drinking and smoking of a pregnant could lead to physical as well as mental disabilities. A stressed mother would give birth to a child who won't be good at handling stress. Although a part of the human health depends upon the genes inherited and the behavior and care of the mom-to-be but good lifestyle choices could further help in having a long and healthy life. Good health habits you can adopt for a longer life, include:
- Outdoor activities make us healthy. Sunlight provides Vitamin D to the body which helps in the absorption of important minerals from food. These minerals are needed to make the bones strong.
- Regular exercise might seem like a hard habit to adopt. But it has immense benefits. Exercise means a healthier heart that reduces chances of cardiovascular diseases. It helps in boosting the mental health and hence a better management of stress, pressure and anxiety.
- The bones stay strong until the 30s. But after that the graph starts descending as the bone density begins to decrease. A diet high in calcium and regular exercise can help in keeping the bones strong and reducing the chances of fractures and other bone diseases.
- It has been proved that loneliness is a silent killer of the elderly. The senior citizens should socialize and have friends that would keep them happy and mentally healthy. The risk of isolation shall be minimized.
- Avoid junk food; it leads to obesity. Avoid high salt intake; it could lead to high blood pressure and related issues. Avoid smoking; it could become the root of more than 50 deadly diseases.
- A happy childhood would produce healthy adults. People with unhappy childhood have greater risk of heart ailments in later years.
These easy habits (secrets to longer life) could lead to a longer, healthier and happier life.
Based on Plazart Framework
© 2019 Scientific Era