Internet marketing is a tool used by companies to promote their products and services to their customers over the internet. Internet marketing has a broad spectrum as it not only includes marketing product and services through the internet but also include email marketing and wireless media marketing. Internet marketing is also called online marketing, web marketing, webvertizing and e-marketing.
Like any other form of marketing, internet marketing also has its types and a company generally uses one or more types of internet marketing to promote their products and services. types of Internet marketing are:
Search Engine Marketing is a form that helps to promote the company/product websites by increasing their visibility in search results by using simple search engine optimizing techniques. Display Advertising is the use of web banners on a third â€“ party website to drive traffic to the company’s owned website. For example using banner ads on Face book that links to the company’s own website.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a type of internet marketing that improves website visibility in search results.
- Social Media Marketing is a process that helps in gaining customer attention through social media websites like Face book and Twitter etc.
- Email Marketing is one way to directly market a commercial message to a target group.
- Referral Marketing promotes products and services to new customers through word of mouth technique.
- Inbound Marketing involves creating and sharing informative content and converting potential customers to actual customers and repeat buyers.
- Video marketing is a very resway of promoting
Today internet marketing is a common tool for promoting goods and services. It could be a B2B (business to business) activity, B2C (business to customer) and even C2C (customer to customer) activity that uses internet marketing as a tool for promotion. Internet marketing is beneficial to the businesses as it is inexpensive and able to reach a wide audience in a negligible amount of time. Also itâ€™s a tool that can be traced, measured and tested by using an ad server and the advertisers are able to use a variety of options like pay per click, pay per impression, pay per play and pay per actions to get their promotion reach their audience and similarly, they can trace the results of their online marketing promotions too. So if you want to market something and want to see a quick impact of your marketing campaign then Internet Marketing is the right tool to be used.