What is entrepreneurship? Who is an entrepreneur? Most of us think that an entrepreneur is just someone who earns well, bosses people around and entrepreneurship is perceived as finding a way to make tons of money and not everyone is capable of taking up this profession.
It is true that with constant hard work and perseverance entrepreneurs reap fruitful results but we cannot call someone, who exploits government policies or market to make money, an entrepreneur. Entrepreneurship is all about creative destruction and innovation. An entrepreneur is someone who sets out on a venture in the face of risk and uncertainty and aims to realize his ideas to achieve profit from them.
The difference between an ordinary man and an entrepreneur is that an entrepreneur is a doer. A lot of people come up with amazing business ideas but not all of them strive to actualize them and those who do win the title of an entrepreneur. Ordinary people hesitate, waver and worry too much about their investment. Let’s have a look at a brief entrepreneurial profile and the qualities exhibited by them.
- There is nothing more important for him than his project.
- He wouldn’t rest until he achieves the targets that he has assigned himself.
- A true entrepreneur never gives up even if he has to face defeat more than once.
- Entrepreneurs see possibility where others see only problems.
- Entrepreneurs possess a deep sense of responsibility towards any venture that they start and like to take control of things.
- They have a very positive attitude and confidence in their abilities that they will succeed.
- They like to get feedback from their customers and want to know how they are doing.
- They have higher level of energy than an average man which makes it possible for them to take up such a difficult challenge.
So, if you think you have above mentioned qualities, tenacity, flexibility and high degree of commitment you surely have the potential and skills to change your fate. It is a skill that can be learnt by anyone irrespective of their age, gender or race.