During the monitoring and controlling phase, one of the main activities is to update the schedule (also called schedule maintenance).
These are the steps that are performed when updating activity and resource status:
- Entering actual activity duration in decimal.
- Entering remaining activity duration.
- Entering actual activity duration in percentage.
- Entering physical percentage complete.
- Entering actual human-resource hours, material quantity used (usually this is updated automatically, proportion to actual activity duration / percentage)