Advantages of Microsoft Project
Microsoft Project is a famous project scheduling software. It is developed and sold by Microsoft and is used globally. There are many advantages of Microsoft Project, including these:
- It is a generic software that can be used to create any project schedule. For example, a building construction schedule, software development project schedule, etc.
- It's interface is easy to use and the interface and buttons are very similar to the interface of other Microsoft Office products like Microsoft Excel. Moreover, the shortcut keys that you use in Microsoft Office products like Ctrl+C (Copy), Ctrl+V (Paste) and more shortcuts keys like these can also be used in Microsoft Project for the same functions.
- Although Microsoft Project is a desktop software, it is easily integrated with Microsoft Project Server to use the software at enterprise level. By integrating with Project Server, all Project users in an office can share and access project information with other connected users and also view updates on other project schedule instantly as these are made.
- Microsoft Project is used globally and by all different types of industries. If you know how to use Project and you land on a job where a project scheduling software skill is needed, you will be expected to know Microsoft Project. So, knowing Project is helpful as it can even help you to stand out in your CV.
- Anyone with basic Microsoft Word, Excel experience or even without it can quickly learn Microsoft Project, due to its easy to use functionality and user friendly interface.
- Microsoft Project creates beautiful graphical reports. You can create pie chart, bar charts and almost all other types of charts also that are available in Microsoft Excel.
- Microsoft Project is also available online. You can buy cloud service of Microsoft Project, which starts at 10$ per month per use.
- Microsoft Project is reliable software.
Microsoft Project is available for purchase on Amazon.com. You can buy a lifetime license for $119.
If you want to learn Microsoft Project, I recommend this book, which you can buy at Amazon.com
These were the benefits of Microsoft Project. One another project scheduling software that is also globally and extensively being used is Oracle Primavera. Read about benefits of Primavera here.
Tags: Advantages of Microsoft Project, benefits of Microsoft project, benefits of MS Project, advantages of MS Project, benefits of MS Project
- Hits: 2487
There had been many different types of computer storage devices available to us since the computer was invented. I have listed below and described the different types of computer storage devices that have been available in the market and have been used extensively since the 50s
Flash disks are called with different names such as pen drive, USB drive, stick drive and more. These are external memory devices that allow one to copy and transfer data from one computer to another. Flash disks are evolving and getting faster then before. When Flash drive first came in the market, it had a very small storage capacity of 32 MB and now these are available with storage capacity of up to 2 TB (2000 GB)
These once were a very common type of storage devices for computers, in the 1970s until 1990s. Floppy disks could store only 1.44 MB of data. There were some larger capacity floppy disks that could store 2.5MB of data but these ones were not as common as the 1.44 MB ones.
Hard disks are commonly used in computers today. This type of computer storage is available in the market with large storage capacities. The hard disk stores data on a magnetic disk and is very fast in reading and writing data from and to it. When hard disk was invented, it could only store 5MB of data. Today, the largest size hard disk that you can get has a huge storage capacity of 15 TB (15,000 GB)
SSD (solid state drive)
These are storage devices that contain flash memory chips to store data. Many modern laptops and desktop PCs now come with SSD instead of Hard disks because SSDs are much faster and also more durable. SSDs are also smaller in size than Hard Disks and also more expensive.
- SD (Secure Digital) card
- Mini SD card
- Micro SD card
- MMC (Multimedia card)
- xD Picture Card
These cards have different sizes and slightly different shapes and also come in different storage capacities. These memory cards are still being used extensively, specially the Micro SD card, it is commonly used in smart phones to extend the internal phone memory.
Compact Disks (CDs) and DVD (Digital Versatile Disk)
These are still used and and are available in the market. CDs can store data up to 700 MB and DVDs can store 4.7 GB of data in single-sided DVD and up to 17GB of data in double-sided DVD
These were the cassettes that were so much common in the 1990s for playing music. These same tapes were also used to store computer data on them.
This refers to a storage which is located at a remote location, which is accessible to you through Internet. You might have used Google Drive, or One Drive or Drop Box. These all are examples of Cloud storages.
These are the different types of storage devices which have used in the past and we are using at present. The technology of computer storage has advanced so much. The same size of memory card that could store 64MB of data a few years back can now store 64 GB of data, this is really amazing. This is not it, the speed in which the memory sizes are increasing, we will soon be seeing too much more storage sizes that we can not imagine now.
Tags: examples of storage devices, Different Types of Storage Devices, Types of Storage Devices, types of computer storage, types of computer storage
- Hits: 1976
What is Adobe Spark ?
Adobe Spark is a collection of applications that run online and on smartphones, which let you quickly create videos, web pages, social graphics and presentations. When you use it Spark online, all the features are available in a single window but on the mobile phone, there are three different applications for creating a web page, video and a post for social media.
Adobe Spark is very easy to use and is a great choice for publishers, YouTubers, bloggers, individuals as well as small businesses to quickly and easily create visual stuff as per their needs.
What Can You Do Using Adobe Spark ?
- You can create a banner for your Facebook page or your website for example. Or you can create a beautiful a flyer or invitation cards.
- You create small videos for your YouTube channel.
- You create simple yet beautiful web pages for your website. You can do so without needing to know any programming skills.
- You can create logos.
Adobe Spark Main Features
There are tons of layouts, colors that you can use to fit your needs.
The software provides you with access to thousands of free and paid images to use in your multimedia work.
There are lots of fonts that can be used for every purpose.
Whatever you create in Adobe Spark online is automatically optimized for best view in mobile phones.
After creating your work, you can quickly share it through email or social media
You can use Spark on mobile or online and your work will remain synced all the time.
Pros of Adobe Spark
- You can use it both on the web and on mobile phone and your work syncs between the devices.
- It is easy to use for anyone who has a basic knowledge of using computers and common apps. Furthermore, compared to other Adobe products like Dreamweaver, Premiere, etc, Adobe Spark is much more user friendly and easier to use.
- It lets you choose from thousands of free graphics to use in your work.
Cons of Adobe Spark
- In free version of Adobe Spark, the videos and pages have Spark branding.
- Videos can only be 30 seconds long.
- Adobe Spark app in Android gives you access to graphic creator only.
- There is no functionality to create e-commerce website.
- The free trial of Adobe Spark does not include all the premium version features.
- Hits: 3025
What is Internet of Things?
What is Internet of Things and what does IoT mean? IoT, short for Internet of Things means anything connected to the Internet to be operated remotely. So, the example of IoT could be your room light bulbs connected to a smartphone app through Internet so that you could turn the light on/off without needing to move to the on/off switch.
Using the Internet of Things technologies, we can connect virtually any electronic device to the Internet to be accessed and operated remotely. The concept of connecting electronic devices to the Internet is not very old and that is why we don't see and hear a lot (as of 2020) of IoT but work on IoT technology is happening very fast. Technology analysts predict that there will be around 40 billion connected IoT devices by the year 2025!
What are Different Uses of Internet of Things?
The IoT technologies used in transportation, can assist in control, communication and processing of information. For example, IoT could be used for smart parking, smart traffic control, electronic toll collection systems, vehicle control.
IoT devices can be used to monitor and control the electrical and mechanical infrastructure used in buildings, such as an elevator. IoT can also be used for real-time monitoring and controlling of energy consumption, and likewise there could be many other such IoT uses in home and building automation.
Internet of Things can extensively be used for connecting vehicles, robots, sensors, equipment, human wearable and other technology that is used in military operations.
There could be a lot of uses of IoT in farming. This technology could be used for collecting data on rainfall, wind speed, soil quality, temperature. The collected data can then be used in making decisions, minimizing risks and wastes. IoT could even help using devices at farms to be controlled for the purpose of using spray, pumps and using other machinery remotely.
IoT can help a lot in real-time optimization of manufacturing processes with the remote and automated use of sensors, control systems and other devices. The IoT can help for example in plant optimization, supply chain management, asset management, event management and likewise there could be many uses using IoT technologies.
Need of IoT
IoT is going to help us to be more efficient in how we do our routine tasks and save money and time also at the same time. IoT has a lot of potential. It can get the tech companies, governments and people re-think how they should deliver and use services and products. In addition to allowing us to be more efficient to do things, the IoT will prove itself to be so much useful in elderly care, for the healthcare departments and for the physically or mentally impaired persons.
Having said and foreseen that, it can be said that very soon the world will become quite dependent on using Internet of Things devices, and even to the extend may be the use of the IoT devices in offices, homes, vehicles, planes and at every other place will be very common. Furthermore, we will find IoT devices available in our near electronic stores and these will be available at affordable prices - this era is very near!
Internet of Things Example of a Fridge
LG introduced in 1990 the world's first IoT fridge that you could operate remotely through Internet. There were a number of things the fridge owner could do using the fridge's IoT technology such as he would be notified if the inside fridge temperature is low and needs an increase. That fridge had other interesting features. Read about how IoT fridges are evolving and what features they currently have and will have in the near future. It's very interesting what an advanced IoT fridge could do. Read more about it here.
Tags: what is internet of things, what does iot mean, iot technology, need of iot, iot devices, iot sensors
- Hits: 1932
More Articles ...
Page 6 of 30