When choosing a best laptop for computer science majors, you should keep in mind that if one computer may suit a student of computer science major may not be suitable for another computer science student. I will tell you why.
When you take admission in a university for studying computer science, you are offered to choose some elective subjects. Say, you core subjects are about programming languages, databases or networking and for electives, you choose subjects related to programming. However, there could be another student who would choose computer graphic subjects or computer gaming subjects, so he would need a very different laptop because he would be processing graphics and video, which require a lot of computer resources.
Similarly, if you were to study computer science or computer engineering at one particular university, they might have graphics as core subjects, so in this case you will have to look for a different laptop for this reason.
So, as I explained above, not every computer science student may be needing a laptop with same specs. Therefore, below I will list different laptop computers that would suit computer science or computer engineering students studying different things:
Computer Science Students Studying Computer Graphics
- Acer ConceptD 5 Creator Laptop. It is a very powerful laptop and is best specifically for fast video rendering. Price $1800 - $2000. Check its latest price and spec details on Amazon.
- If you go for a budget-friendly one, then check out Flagship HP Pavilion 15.6. It is good both for image and video rendering but best for image. Price is around $750. Check the latest price and specs of this laptop here.
- The third one is Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop. It is also a budget-friendly laptop and is very good for gaming production and to play games. Price is around
$1100. It's also available online. Check Amazon page for its latest price and specs.
- Check this one from Dell. It is Dell XPS 15 7590. A very good laptop for rendering. Price is around $1500. Check its specifications and latest price here.
- ASUS ProArt StudioBook. This one is also one of the best laptops for graphic/video rendering. Price is around $1900. Check its specs and price here.
These were some of the best laptops for computer science majors, and best for students studying computer graphics.
Computer Science Students Studying General Computing
If you will be studying programming languages, databases, networking - anything but not video and graphic processing, below I will recommend some of the best laptops for you that you should buy. These laptops will be good enough for all your computer study tasks such as .NET, PHP, C++ programming, databases, networking, etc. These laptops have battery time of around 5 hours, and come with sufficient RAM, storage and CPU power for all you computing tasks. So, here you go with the list of best laptops for computer science majors, which will also suit your pocket. I have also hyperlinked the laptop models so you can check their latest price and the specs on Amazon (and buy one if you like any of these):
- Dell Inspiron 15 5575 - $887
- ASUS VivoBook S - $529
- Lenovo Yoga 730 2-in-1 - $809
- Samsung Notebook 9 Pro 2-in-1
- Apple MacBook Pro - $1650
- HP Envy X360 - $968
And If you think you will need a laptop with a long battery time, check out these best laptops for computer science students, with best battery:
- LG Gram 15 Laptop, with 18.5 hours of battery back up time. If you prefer a smaller screen size (13.3), LG Gram 13 is available in this size and that gives you 24.5 hours of battery time.
- Asus ExpertBook B9450F - 24 hour battery time.
- Dell Latitude 9410 2-in-1 - 17 hours battery time.
- Samsung Galaxy Book Flex 15 - 16 hours battery time.
- HP Chromebook x360 convertible laptop - 12 hours battery time.
Tags: best laptops for computer science majors, good laptops for computer science majors, best laptops for computer science students