Various studies have been carried out to understand negative effects of video gaming on children's health. The studies have reported that the children who play video games more than two hours a day can develop various health problem, and most of the victims are boys.
The following health problems have been reported that can occur to children who play video games too much.
1. Children who play more than 2 hours of video games per day have difficulty in paying attention in school.
2. Dark circles around the eyes develop by excessive video gaming.
3. Muscular stiffness is also felt by sitting at one position for long time while playing.
4. Children may experience sleep deprivation.
5. Increased depression in females and aggression in males may develop
6. Children feel pain or numbness in neck, wrist and hands.
7. Excessive game playing may also cause vision problems
8. One of the common health problems experienced is obesity. It was observed that 1.5 hour of video game playing increases need of food intake, regardless of how your appetite is.
9. Headaches and even migraine can occur.
These are the video game health problems reported by various studies. There could be more health problems than these. It is also worth mentioning here that Barack Obama, in 2009 observed video gaming as a health concern and cause of very unhealthy life style. Hence, it is always advisable not to play too much video games. Furthermore, it should also be ensured that physical games should be given more time than video games, as these are healthy, good for mind and body both, and increases social networking with friends and family. Physical games also do not get addicted as video games, which is definitely another plus point for playing physical games.