Although in YouTube you can find almost all the content you are looking for, it is sometimes good to try new things. Here is a list of websites like YouTube that you can also try.
- Google Video
- Yahoo Video
- Bing Videos
- Hits: 3688
Facebook is already the biggest social media platform in the world. But apparently, it is not content being just that. What it is working on next is to be the place to go if you want to watch videos.
Facebook is Growing Fast
Facebook became the website where most videos were watched last August, overtaking YouTube. With its new tools like playlists, auto-playing videos and separate videos tabs on timelines, Facebook has been working hard to make it very convenient for people to share and watch videos through it. Now not only is it very easy to watch the many videos popping up on your news feed, you can find many related videos you'd want to watch and so you can explore as much as you like.
YouTube Still Going Strong
However, if you want to search for a specific kind of a video like an interview or footage of a recent event, YouTube is still your best option. All of the hundreds of millions of videos on YouTube are accessible through that simple search option. As a result, YouTube's search engine is the second most used in the world, after Google search. Moreover, the sheer time spent by people watching videos on YouTube is way more than on Facebook.
Better Marketing Opportunity
Moreover, advertising through videos on Facebook is now a bigger thing than advertising through videos on YouTube. Companies now prefer to run their video advertising campaigns on Facebook due to better targeted campaigning and more comprehensive ways to judge its success. Simple views are no longer the only metric to judge success. Likes, comments and interaction with the video has been found to be a much better way to get an idea of the success of a video.
Facebook has many advantages over YouTube when it comes to competing for the space as the biggest video social media platform. It has a bigger, more active user base and much more personal information about its users to be used for targeted marketing. But YouTube's style as a video database where you can easily access any video ever uploaded will still take some getting to.
- Hits: 2993
You have read facts about YouTube, you have read other statistics about YouTube, but surely you haven't read about the tricks that you can do on YouTube. Yes, that's right! On YouTube.com, you can do very interesting things, using the tricks mentioned below:
Trick 1: In YouTube search box, enter "Use the force Luke" and watch your YouTube screen wobble.
Trick 2: In the search box, enter "doge meme" and watch all the text become colorful.
Trick 3: Download YouTube videos in seconds. Just change youtube.com to yout.com
For example URL is "www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cars". Change it to "www.yout.com/results?search_query=cars"
and now you can choose the format in which you want to download the video and finally click 'Record MP3' and that's done
Trick 4: Fast Forward or Fast Rewind the YouTube video using the keyboard by clicking numbers from 1 to 9.
Trick 5: Enter in YouTube's search box "do the harlem shake" and watch the YouTube icon dancing.
Trick 6: Convert any YouTube video to 'gif' format quickly. The gif file is much smaller than the actual video file and can easily and quickly be sent/received.
To do this, type 'gif' before youtube.com. For example: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksrk3YpvZX0 . Add 'gif' to it e.g. www.gifyoutube.com/watch?v=Ksrk3YpvZX0 and with a couple clicks, your gif file is ready to download
Trick 7: The last of the YouTube tricks can be very useful for young people or those who have no Google Account. You can now watch age-restricted videos without logging into a Google account. Here is how to do this:
Remove "watch?" from the URL and replace "v=" with "v/" Press Enter and your video will load immediately.
Trick 8: Use Important Keyboard shortcuts:
- Press 'k' : Play / pause the video
- Press 'm' : Mute the sound
- Press 'l' : Forward the video ten seconds
- Press 'j' : Rewind the video ten seconds
These were the top tricks you can do on YouTube. Hope you found these interesting!
Also read: Top Interesting Facts About YouTube
Tags: Top YouTube Tricks, Youtube tricks
- Hits: 5458
Facts about Internet
1. Research tells us that only 49% of Internet usage is done by humans. This means that the remaining 51% of the Internet traffic comes from bots (software that runs automatically over the Internet). About 20% of the bots come from legitimate sources like Google that send their bots to index websites. Other 31% of bots come from hackers that are trying 24/7 hacking into people's computers to steal private information or to harm big organizations in some way
2. Internet took four years to each 50 million people. Comparing with other technology, TV took 13 years and radio 38 years to reach same number of users.
3. South Korea enjoys world's fastest Internet, at 64 MBs/sec.
4. Seven people in the world hold physical keys required to unlock a box, containing devices that control the world's Internet. And seven more people also hold keys as a backup. Every person keeps one key and they were handed over these keys in a ceremony held in year 2010.
5. The reason why they keep these keys is to encounter with any disaster or a hacking incident, in which case these people will be able to reset, backup and restore the IT infrastructure's setting and configuration.
6. As of December 2018, the Internet is 29 years old
7. The first website was http://info.cern.ch/ and it is still live. This website was launched on 6 August 1991
8. The first ever email was sent by Ray Tomlison in 1971.
9. The very first domain that was officially registered before use was symbolics.com
10. Each day, about 3000 websites are hacked.
11. 250 billion emails are sent everyday.
These were surprising and interesting Internet Facts.
- Common Uses of Internet
- Top Advantages of Internet
- Top Disadvantages of Internet
- Interesting Facts about YouTube
- Extreme Facebook Facts
Tags: Facts About Internet, internet facts, facts about the internet
- Hits: 5656
Looking for facts about YouTube? You've reached the right place. Read here interesting YouTube Facts that you might now have read before.
- In last two years (2017-2018), the average time people spend on YouTube has increased more than 60%
- About 80% of YouTube's views are from people who live outside USA.
- More than half of the YouTube's views come from mobile users.
- The average time people spend on YouTube using their mobile phones is 40 minutes daily.
- More than 700 YouTube videos are shared by people on their Twitter account, every minute.
- YouTube is the 3rd most visited website in the world, after Facebook and Google.
- The very first video was uploaded on YouTube on 23rd April 2005. It was a video of the YouTube's co-founder Jawed Karim.
- Google purchased YouTube just 18 months after it was launched. Google paid US$ 1.65 billion to buy it.
- The famous music video on YouTube 'Gangnam Style' got so many views that the YouTube's views counter broke and it had to be redeveloped to display larger number. The video was viewed 2.5 billion times.
- YouTube owns a production space in Los Angeles for YouTube publishers. Any YouTube publisher who has more than 10,000 subscribers can use this space for free.
- YouTube has a production space in Los Angeles that is free to use if you have 10,000 subscribers.
- YouTube generates more than 92 billion page views every month.
- The oldest video on YouTube is of a cat and it is from 1894.
- An average of 300 hours of videos are published on YouTube every single minute.
- Every hour, about 18 billion videos are watched on YouTube.
- YouTube was formed by three ex-employees of PayPal.
- Google earns astonishing four billion US$ every year, from YouTube alone.
- About 9% of small companies in USA use YouTube to advertise their products and services.
- Every day, more than 850,000 videos are uploaded on YouTube.
- The most disliked video on YouTube has 7.5 million dislikes and it is Justin Bieber's 'Baby' video
- Type in your browser https://www.youtube.com/tv and now you can operate YouTube complete with your keyboard, mostly by using the arrow keys and the Enter key
- Hits: 5651
Cable internet service
Cable is one of many kinds of Broadband Internet services, offering very high speed data transfer rates. Cable internet downstream speed comes around 100 Mbit/sec and between 128 Kbps and 768 Kbps for upstream. While Cable Internet is faster than DSL Internet, it often gives lesser speed for technical reasons. One of the main reasons for this is that your neighborhood uses the Internet simultaneously, hence sharing your Internet bandwidth.
There is another form of Cable Internet services, called Asymmetric Cable that provides equal bandwidth for both uploading and downloading but due to the fact that downloading is the main requirement of majority of the users, they do not prefer this form of Cable Internet service.
With cable modem, it is very convenient for customers that they can get all - TV, Telephone and Internet from a single provider and get a combined bill for all services (unless more than one providers are used for different services)
DSL stands for Digital Subscriber Line. It is an all-time connected Internet, which does not require you to dial to the Internet Service provider.
In a DSL connection, the download speed is relatively lesser than the upload speed. However the good thing is that your Internet connection is not shared with your neighborhood giving you maximum speed all the times. Giving many PCs access to Internet with one DSL connection is practically possible. Multiple Computers whether in home or office can easily be given Internet access with just a single DSL connection.
The downstream rate you can get varies from 1 to 170 Mbit/s. New technologies are entering the markets and the speed of DSL Internet is also increasing as service providers periodically upgrade their network equipment with latest technologies.
DSL connects you to Internet through a regular telephone line and brings you an extra benefit of using telephone on the same line whilst internet connected. Customers can stay logged on to Internet for indefinitely period if they want but this creates a minor security risk because PC will use same IP address for long time giving hacker higher chance to attack your PC! However, DSL provides overall reasonably safe Internet access.
ADSL or symmetric Digital Subscribers Line, although much faster than DSL, it can generally be used only over short distances - usually within 4 kilometers. The user must live within a certain distance of the nearest telephone exchange to receive best speeds.
ADSL connections, unlike DSL, offer higher download speeds than upload speeds.
The maximum speed for ADSL connections is 18MB. ADSL, like DSL, operates over a normal telephone line. Voice calls can still be made even when internet is in use. ADSL often presents some technical problems during its setup. Therefore installing of appropriate frequency filters at the customer's premises is necessary to avoid possible interferences with the voice service. ADSL2 and ADSL2+ are starting soon. ADSL 2 will provide download speeds of up to 24Mbps, while ADSL 2+ will offer twice of this.
Because ADSL requires its users to be located within 4 kilometer of its base, Â it has comparatively much less users than of any other form of high-speed Internet.
SDSL is an acronym for Symmetric Digital Subscriber Line. Basically, similar to DSL with only exception to the bandwidth for up and downstream. Unlike, DSL that has less download speed than upload, SDSL is symmetric that means you can get equal bandwidth for both up and down streams.
Although a fast type of Internet, which gives up to 4 MBit/Sec speeds will still vary depending on your distance from the Internet service provider. SDSL connection best suits cooperate users because it offers consistent high-speed internet to transfer files to vendors, clients, customers, different office departments, etc.
WiMax stands for Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access. It is a technology to deliver cost-effective and high-speed internet over long distances without using wires. To receive Internet using WiMax, two types of signal receiving equipment is available outdoor and indoor. Indoor devices are obviously convenient since these are very small in size but the subscriber must be significantly closer to WiMax base to avoid any radio losses and possible temporary disconnections.
WiMax Internet is connected at all times - there is no need to dial to the service provider. WiMax offers internet connections via Wi-Max or Wi-fi Hotspots. Hotspot is a place (e.g. a cafe, airport, home, hotel, park, etc) where Internet is wirelessly available. Public can freely use Internet by connecting their PCs to the hotspots. There many websites containing list of Hotspots. This is among the good ones. http://hotspotr.com/wifi
This technology provides up to 72 Mbit/s symmetric speeds to the radius of about 40 miles.
If you are traveling to a remote place, you will not have any of the above described internet connections available. At such a place, you may use your mobile phone's data service to connect to the internet. Nowadays, mobile internet has become very fast, offering 3G and 3.5G speed, which is approx 2-10 Mb/s. 4G, a much faster version is also available, offering speeds between 5MB and 100MB.
- Hits: 4107
More Articles ...
Page 10 of 21