Types of Web Hosting
Different types of web hosting services are available nowadays, to suit different business or individual's needs. Most of the different web hosting services differ from each other a lot and are suitable only for a particular need. The different types of website hosting that are available have different prices of courses and these are described below:
1. Shared Hosting
This is the most common type of web hosting. Shared hosting means the server where your website will be hosted will be shared with other people who will also host their website on the same server. By sharing the server means, all of the resources are shared such as RAM, storage, CPU and others.
If you want to host your small to medium sized website, shared hosting is perfect. Don't worry, sharing doesn't mean your website will run slow or not perform well in any way, a single server is capable enough to host 100s or 1000s of website and run them in parallel.
Many shared hosting services exist that have monthly hosting plans from $2 to $5. If you ask which hosting service you should choose for your website, I would recommend the ones that I have been using and which I will highly recommend. These two are JustHost and Web Hosting Pad.
2. Dedicated Server Hosting
This type of hosting gives you a server that is not shared with any other user. This means that you get full control of the server and the website you are hosting is also saved from vulnerabilities posed by files of other users.
Since, you will be renting a separate server for your hosting needs, the cost to host is very high. However, dedicated hosting is recommended for website users who expect massive traffic to the website and at the same time they want full protection to the website and the financial and other transactions that the users made on the website.
3. Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting
It is same as shared hosting except that on the server you get an independent and secure space for your website. It uses virtualization technology (often called as virtual machine) that provides you exclusive access to resources on a shared server. So, in turn you are like getting your website hosted on a dedicated server, through the virtualization. The difference now remains between VPS and dedicated hosting is that in VPS the server is still shared with many hundreds or thousands of users whereas in dedicated hosting, a single user gets his own un-shared server.
4. Cloud Hosting
Cloud web hosting is similar to VPS hosting except that:
1. Instead of one virtual machines, you get many virtual machines, each used to run a different application.
2. The virtual machines run on a dedicated server, instead of a shared server.
So, cloud hosting gives you benefits of dedicated hosting and extended benefits of VPS hosting. I have written an article on Cloud Hosting. For more information about Cloud hosting, read the article here.
5. Managed Hosting
Managed web hosting is same as Dedicated Hosting but with only one difference that in Dedicated hosting, you manage the server yourself whereas in the case of Managed hosting, the service provider manages the server and looks after its maintenance and routine work.
Which Hosting Type Suits You?
Well, it all depends on what fits your needs. Each type of hosting is for different business needs, which require customized speed, performance, security, control and access.
If you choose to buy a Cloud hosting service, I recommend Cloudways - a leader in cloud hosting. For a budget-friendly and reliable shared hosting, I recommend Web Hosting Pad and for Dedicated or VPS hosting, I recommend JustHost
Tags: different types of web hosting services, different web hosting services, different types of website hosting
This is what people googled about google, its products and services and related things to them, in the last 12 months. These are 1839 different keywords that people used to search on Google about Google all what it offers.
Many people are switching to online earning business and to run an eCommerce business, you need a website where you will sell products or services.
Creating an eCommerce website is not difficult. If you want to learn how to build an eCommerce website, it involves 3 steps:
1. Buying a domain name.
2. Buying a web hosting service.
3. Developing a website
I have written an article here that tells you how and where to buy a domain name and hosting. I have also mentioned there how to get a website. But I have talked there about getting a general website. In case of eCommerce website, you have two options:
1. Pay someone to create eCommerce website for you - usually an eCommerce website development is costly.
2. The better option is to get a free-of-cost or cheap eCommerce platform and many different types of these are available. I will tell you below from where you can get eCommerce websites for free or for a very little price.
Free eCommerce Platforms
These free eCommerce websites are available for instant download. Once downloaded, you will need to upload them onto your website and make simple option settings to make it ready.
1. Open Cart - This free eCommerce platform offers so many things for free like many options to receive payments, integrated courier services, detailed reporting and much more
2. PrestaShop - This is also one of the best free eCommerce platforms that offer very user-friendly navigation layout, easy content browsing, reporting and much more.
3.Woo Commerce - their eCommerce product comes with a large number of useful extensions that can be installed. An extension for for example letting users to purchase and download content, selling license keys, sell bookings
4. Zen Cart - This is also one of the good ones to use. Zen Cart also offers plenty admin options, marketing tools, payment methods and other options to suit your eCommerce website needs.
Cheap and Professional eCommerce Platforms
These are online eCommerce solutions. You don't need to download them. You will simply purchase their online eCommerce solutions and configure it according to your needs.
1. Wix - starts from 17$ a month and you will get unlimited bandwidth, 20GB of storage, facility to accept online payments.
2. Shopify - starts from $29 a month and you will get similar features as Wix
3. BigCommerce - starts from $29 a month with with many features like above and some more features
4. SquareSpace - starts from $12 and have a variety of options to help you build your own online shopping website.
Start or Grow Your Business Now
I have mentioned above free and low price eCommerce solutions that you can start using from now and sell your products or services. The trend of online jobs or online businesses is increasing very fast and people like to purchase things online. So if you get a website ready and start selling, you can instantly become a netpreneur and easily earn a lot of money.
Tags: How to Build an eCommerce Website, how to create my own ecommerce website, how to build online shopping website, ecommerce website development
Many people know what a simple web hosting is but most are un-familiar with cloud hosting. So, here I am going to explain to you in easy words what cloud hosting is and i will also recommend to you the best cloud hosting service, if you ever wish to purchase one.
What is a Cloud Hosting?
It is a web hosting where all the back-end applications, such as PHP and databases, etc. run on software called as virtual machines, instead of a physical machine. What does that mean? We know that to run a website, we need to store web files somewhere, and maybe also need a database. All this stuff usually runs on a physical server.
In the case of cloud hosting, between the user and the server virtual machines are placed. Many virtual machines are placed on a single physical server to divide the server into multiple virtual servers. This virtual machines runs all the required software like PHP, ASP.NET or database, etc.
Benefits of Cloud Hosting
Further to answering "what is cloud hosting", let's also read benefits of cloud hosting. So, why would we need to create this middle thing between the server and the user? The reason is to give the user a dedicated, un-shared, an independent place to run the different applications. So, you may run PHP on one virtual machine, and a database on another virtual machine and another application on a third virtual machine. So, the benefit of doing this is to give the user a secure, fast and a private place to run the applications. The big websites like Amazon, eBay, etc prefer to use cloud hosting for the same benefits.
You might heard of the term 'dedicated hosting'. In this, all the applications run on one independent server and there are no virtual machines (nothing in the middle to run the applications!) So, all the applications have the same server software running them. That is a big difference between a dedicated hosting and cloud hosting that in cloud hosting. By having an independent virtual machines acting as independent servers to run your different applications, you get the maximum computing power and secure transactions.
Where to Buy a Cloud Hosting Service?
There are many cloud server providers, and of course there are some fastest cloud hosting services and some are cheaper or costlier than the others. Some of them include AWS, Google Cloud, Alibaba Cloud and more. I would recommend you to look at Cloudways hosting service. Cloudways is actually a middleman that let you purchase cloud hosting from top cloud hosting service providers at the original or even lesser rate. Cloudways is a highly reputed company and is used by top big websites. You can find the available cloud hosting plans on their website.
This article answered your question "What is a Cloud Hosting". Hope this was helpful.
Tags: cloud server providers, managed cloud hosting, cloudways hosting, fastest cloud hosting, best cloud hosting, top cloud hosting, cloud hosting services
Advantages of Using Freelancers
If you find freelancers to get your work done, you will be in benefit. Why? For so many reasons as mentioned below:
1. You can find specialized talent that is meant to address your particular business or personal need. On thee freelance websites that I have mentioned above, you can find talent of any type whether it is related to computer work, airplanes, botany, project management, engineering or any thing else.
2. There will be less overhead for long-term work. For example you need a skill to work in your office for 6 months but you don't have enough space to accommodate more employees in your office, then hiring a freelancer who will be working from anywhere in the world, is the best thing to do.
3. Freelancers are more affordable than those who are hired in your office or at home. Since, there are hundreds or thousands of freelancers who would bid on your posted project, each of them would try to get the work from you by bidding lower price than the other bidders. Furthermore, when you hire a freelancer, there is no obligation on you to pay any medical expenses, travel expenses, bonuses, etc. So, you are saving a lot by hiring a freelancer.
4. You can hire multiple freelancers to do your different tasks. For example, you can hire someone to design a website for you and hire another freelancer to develop (writing code) the website.
5. There will be no need of supervision. A person you hire in your office, you need to supervise him physically but with a freelancer, you will set project deadline, communicate with him the project details and costs and once you have awarded your project to him, you will not be needing to supervise him as you would do for an office employee.
6. There will be less documentation. To get a job done by a freelancer, unlike hiring a freelancer in our office, you don't need to sign a contract with the freelancer (you can do if you want). Furthermore, you will not need to take him through any HR process of hiring and indulge in other HR related administrative tasks.
7. You will find multilingual resources. Freelancers work from virtually every country of the world who speak 100s of different languages. So maybe you want your text translated to German or Tamil or Chinese, or maybe you need a Japanese customer support officer who speaks for your Japanese customers, you can easily find one suitable freelancer.
So, if you are looking for any of the following freelancers as mentioned below or even any other, I will, in next heading recommend to you two globally used freelance work websites where you can find the best talent that you need.
1. Freelance drupal developer
2. Freelance joomla developer
3. Freelance squarespace web designer
4. Freelance ASP developer
5. Freelance writer
6. Freelance copyrighter
7. Freelance SEO copyrighter
8. Freelance iOS developer
9. Freelance project management expert
10. Freelance medical writing expert
11. Freelance coder
12. Freelance web designer
13. Freelance project management expert
14. Freelance technical writer
15. Freelance database expert
Where Can You Find Freelancers?
For any of the skill i mentioned above or any other skill, you can find tens of freelancers, expert in their field, at Fiverr.com and at freelancer.com. You don't need to find freelancers any where else. The fiverr.com and freelancer.com are the top websites, which are globally used by millions to find freelancers.
So as you read above, if you are looking for developers for hire, or any other skill for hire, you can find any freelancer that you need. Specially, if you look at fiverr.com or freelancer.com, which are the top freelance websites, you will find every skill to suit your needs.
Tags: benefits of freelance for companies, advantages of hiring freelancers, hire freelance developer, hire freelance web designer, Freelance ASP developer, Freelance squarespace web designer, Freelance joomla developer, Freelance drupal developer, programmers for hire, quickbooks freelance, excel experts for hire, freelance writer for hire, hire programmers online, freelance instructural design, find freelancers, freelance coders, upwork find freelancers
In this article I explained how you can build your own website. I also mentioned that for the domain and hosting, I personally use and also recommend Web Hosting Pad and JustHost being reliable and cost effective webhosting services.
If you rather want to do your own research when choosing a web host from the so many web hosting providers available today, I am presenting below the most important things that you must look for in the web host, before you purchase a service from them.
Whether you an experienced web developer or you have no IT skills, you still need to get a support service that is 1) efficient, 2) skilled and 3) quick in responding to incidents or user support requests.
Incidents do happen, less or more, no matter what type of web host you are using. Sometimes, they are upgrading their infrastructure and turn off their machines or maybe due a strong hacker's intrusion the strong becomes slow, thing kind of things must be expected - not frequently, but from a reliable web host even, you can expect two or three service issues in a year. So, having good support persons sitting at the other side helps a lot in keeping your service up and running in all circumstances.
Often, you need their help. Maybe you couldn't configure your email address, or you need to change your PHP setting or may be you just want to increase the upload limit size, and in all other such needs, you need a good web host support. So, getting a good support service is very important!
If you are going to publish a simple static website, you don't need many features. But, if you are going to be publishing a dynamic website, or a large or complex website, you may then need some good set of features available to you by the web host.
Some important features to have available include script installer (to automatically install a CMS), mail filtering (to filter out bulk junk email), mail forwarder, database backup and restore service, DNS settings and more.
The basic features are provided by all web hosts, so for a small website need, you can go for any web host, but for large or complex website, you need to look for additional features.
How the performance of a web host is measured? It is mainly measured against the up time of the server. Up time is how much time in a week or month or year the server stayed online. It is usually stated in percentage. If you go to any web host's website, they would have written there 99% up time or more. So, the best place where you can look at this information is review websites where existing users have shared their experience with the web host service that they have used.
But let me assure you, doesn't matter which web host you go for, as long as they are average or above average (usually their pricing can tell how good they are), their up-time will be satisfactory, it will be 98% or more monthly up-time. The one I recommended above - Web Hosting Pad, this is the one I use, they give 99% and more up time.
There could be other not-very-important factors in terms of measuring performance, hence and you don't need to worry much about that. Yes, you may want to consider some of them if you are going to host a very large website that will also be running a large database, then you would also look for the server speed and database performance as well. Again, you can read user's review on different websites or read what they say about it on their website.
How much security the web host offers you to your web site files, to your database is very important. Today, having tight security is very important to protect at regular malware attacks. Most web hosts offer great security and some even offer additional security services with a small extra charge, which you can opt for if you think you need extra layer of security.
The different web hosts I have used in the past; I have had only one security incident that effected my one website. But this can be expected in a service use of 10 years! To know how much security, the web host is offering, see their website and read what they say about their security.
Nowadays, web hosting prices that many web hosting companies are offering are very similar to each other. So, it is not really important to choose a web host that is maybe $.50 - $1.00 a month cheaper or costlier. Yes, there are some web hosts that have much higher prices than the most of the other ones, it is because their services are suitable mainly for extra-large websites such as Amazon.com, eBay.com. So, obviously, you don't need to buy such a service, unless you're going to publish such a big website, are you? If you are, then I recommend one of the top hosting providers that offer top-notch cloud hosting, it is Cloudways.
The web host that I recommended above - Web Hosting Pad - their packages are also good. If you purchase hosting for 3 or more years, the price will go down much. With 5 year of purchase, the hosting price comes down to just $1.99 a month.
Other Factors to Consider
There are other things that you may want to look for in a good web host include location of the server, area of web host's specialization. These don't matter much. The server could be anywhere in the world and it will work the same way. Some people just prefer the server be in the same country where they are but as I said it doesn’t matter. With regard to area of specialization, almost every average and above average host specialize in many things - enough to cater for all types of web hosting needs. So these kinds of things do not matter.
These are the metrics you should look for when choosing a web hosting service. When you are confused, just go for what someone is already using and hear their opinion. I recommend Web Hosting Pad and JustHost as the best hosting service and the reliable web hosting, and you can see their websites here and here.
Tags: web hosting providers, web hosting service, best web hosting, reliable web hosting, web hosting company, domain and hosting, web hosting providers