The Boeing 777x is expected to be seen in the space from 2020. The 777x will come in three variants: 777-8, 777-9 and 777-10x. Making of the 10x version is only proposed and not finalized yet. All the versions of the Boeing 777x airplane will have new engines, new design and new technology for more efficient flying and better passenger experience. Read on for interesting Boeing 777x facts.
Boeing 777x Facts
1. Boing 777-8 and 777-9 are coming out to compete with Airbus A350, and the 777-10x is intended to compete with Airbus A380, which is the largest commercial airplane now.
2. The newer design will have higher ceilings, larger windows, increased humidity and cabin pressure for even better breathing.
3. This will be the 1st ever airplane to have folding wing-tips. This is to allow the plane to have shorter wingspan when it is moving on the runway.
4. Orders for 306 Boeing 777-8 and 777-9 airplanes combined have already been placed by Qatar Airway, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Lufthansa, Cathay Pacific and All Nippon Airways.
5. The Boeing 777x will use General Electric’s engine GE9x that will burn 10% less fuel than the older engine models.
6. The Boeing 777x will be the first ever airplane to have touch-screens in the flight deck.
7. The 777x is going to be the world’s longest commercial airplane ever.
8. The primary structure material for the 777x will be made in Al Ain, UAE, rather than at the native airplane material production units in Europe.
These were the facts about Boeing 777x. Hope you enjoyed them!