Alcohol Addiction is a deadly threat not only to the victim but to his entire family too, and quick treatment of alcohol addiction is a very important concern globally. Alcohol addiction is a passive killer and rehabilitation or treatment is mandatory. So, what is treatment for alcohol addiction? There are various ways of treatment of alcohol addiction like visiting rehabilitation clinics, undergoing medications and therapies but the best is to fight alcohol addiction naturally in order to ensure better results.
Natural Treatment of Alcohol Addiction
Withdrawal from alcohol can have serious complications so it has to be monitored and supported by medical supervisors continuously but there are some basic techniques that have always remained as successful measures for alcohol addiction treatments. These include:
- Alcohol cravings can be harsh as the patient may experience acute shaking, headache, nausea and vomiting, hallucinations, dehydration, stomach aches and diarrhea, emotional strokes and even cardiac arrest so emergency medical supervision should remain alert.
- The patients seeking rehabilitation must be introduced to those who have been able to say no to alcohol consumption so that he shares his feelings out and feels relaxed and less stressed.
- Another important thing is to sleep as normally as possible. This can be done when the person gets tired and for this he can pick up some kind of activity that makes him tired that will lead him to sleep.
- Alcoholism results in malnutrition so consuming well-balanced diet is important. It includes adding fresh fruits and vegetables to the diet and taking multivitamin supplements if advised by the doctor.
- Cardio workouts and yoga sessions must be started as they will not only help in strengthening muscles but will also be helpful in exhaling the negative stress out of the body and mind.
Remember, the treatment of alcohol addiction is a stressful, long term process and requires a lot of patience by the patient as well as his family. The patient must also be gradually treated and never made to feel guilty of his/her addiction.
- Hits: 2824
What is Mediterranean Diet?
A Mediterranean Diet Plan is a buzz word in the world of those people who are desperate to loss those additional pounds immediately. Being confronted with this at my last Yoga workout, I was destined to know what exactly a Mediterranean diet plan is and how it is beneficial in weight reduction and here is an explanation to this.
What is Included in the Mediterranean Diet Plan?
A Mediterranean diet is a form of diet that was traditionally used in Spain, Italy, Greece and Morocco. So what is the Mediterranean diet? This diet plan revolves around consuming abundant quantity of plant foods, fresh fruits as deserts, olive oil and dairy products like yogurt and cheese for fat, fish and poultry for protein, no eggs or else 3-4 eggs a week, no or low red meat and wine.
The diet plan focuses on a high consumption of olive oil, legumes, unrefined cereals, fruits and vegetables, a moderate consumption of dairy products and white meat, very low consumption of red meat with moderate wine consumption. This form of diet is considered healthy as high level of olive oil has low saturated fats and high mono-unsaturated fats and dietary fibers that help in reducing weight. It has high salt content as plant based foods are rich in natural salt.
Eating 5-6 small portions with different food combinations given in the Mediterranean diet chart along with a daily exercise routine can bring major changes in the body shapes. You can follow any diet plan that you like for reducing weight but it's strongly recommended to consult your dietician and physician before starting any plan in order to ensure that you will have no harmful or adverse effects of it.
- Hits: 3243
We have a huge portfolio of the tea varieties available in the market today. There are plain original tea, flavored tea, green tea and further line extensions of every form. But no matter black, green, white or any other variation they all originate from the same plant called Camellia Sinensis and the differences in the forms are due to the processing methods only. Furthermore the more brewed your favorite tea is the better health benefits it carries with itself. There are many health benefits of tea including:
Health Benefits of Black Tea
- The chemical compounds present in tea are able to reduce plaque in the teeth and kills bacteria in the mouth and so there are less chances of having cavities.
- Black or green, tea helps indigestion.
- As tea contains antioxidants, it slows the ageing process and helps the damaged cells get repaired and regenerated.
- Tea helps in reducing the risk of cancer.
- Black tea is good when you are tired as it will reduce the amount of stress hormone being generated in the body.
- Tea helps reduce the risk of heart attacks.
- Tea helps in strengthening the immune defense system of the body.
- It prevents and helps fight against rheumatoid arthritis and strengthens the bone density.
- It also helps in ending the neurological disorders like Parkinson's disease and other mental illnesses.
- It elevates the mood and keeps us active.
Health Benefits of Green Tea
Health benefits of green tea include relief from stomach cramps, prevention from acne, bacterial and viral infections, it increases metabolism, increases stamina, helps in stopping Alzheimer, reduces the chances of hypertension drastically and the level of cholesterol in blood.
What makes tea a healthy drink is the unique mix of chemicals called flavonoids. These flavonoids help the bodies get rid of free radicals that are bad for the body and make our bodies healthy.
We learnt here the health benefits of tea. So it is good to drink tea every day, however remember extremity of everything is bad but consuming 2 to 3 cups of tea a day is very healthy.
These were the benefits of drinking tea. However, note that excessive use of anything is not good. According to some experts who wrote about tea in the Reader's Digest magazine mentioned that up to 3 cups of tea in a day is a good number, and more than that should be avoided.
Best Way of Making Perfect Tea
We all know how tea is made but we all really don't know how to make the best tea, which will not only taste better but also offer more health benefits. So find out the best technique of making the tea in The Perfect Way of Making Tea.
A huge variety of black and green tea variety is available at Amazon for purchase. Check them out and buy yourself one, here
- Hits: 2477
What are Neurological Disorders?
Neurological disorders can mainly be referred to as the diseases of the spinal cord, the brain and the media that is nerves which interconnect them. The neurological system is the most vital component of health and fitness of the human beings, as when the neurological system of the body malfunctions, whole body is rendered ineffective. It is estimated that the diseases pertaining to the neurological system are around more than 600, the most common of which are epilepsy, strokes, Parkinson's disease and brain tumors and the less common but dominant neurological diseases are frontotemporal dementia.
Neurological Disorders Conditions
It is a common notion that neurological disorder is related to mind, but actually but the neurological disorders envisages the perils more than the mind, as already described. Hence the body's nervous system doesn't work properly the neurological disorders start affecting the body. the conditions pertaining to the neurological disorders can be categorized basing upon the three major element of the neurological system and the affected areas ,such as Frontal lobe damage, Parietal lobe damage, Temporal lobe and Occipital lobe damage, and eventually the brain damage and therefore the resultant brain dysfunction disorders are as follows
- Memory Loss is known as Amnesia
- Identification capabilities disorder is known as Agnosia
- Identification of patterns and movement disorder is known as Apraxia
- Language and speech disorders are known as Aphasia and Dysarthria
- Spinal Cord disorders include peripheral nervous system disorders, Carnial nerve disorders, automatic nervous system disorders, sleep disorders, lower back and neck pain, Alzheimer disease, dizziness and coma
Neurological Disorder Remedies
The neurological disorder remedies comprise heavy medical treatments, which should be get done under the extreme guidance of the expert medical authorities. Self medication should be highly discouraged and is not advised at all, as it may worsen the condition. However a few remedies are as follows
- Gamma Knife: It's the name of a machine which is used to transmit focused and very heavy doses of radiations to the target area without disturbing the surrounding tissues and nerves.
- Cyber Knife: the most sophisticated kind of radio surgery, where a robotic arm is used for sending heavy doses of radiations to the affected area which is a painless remedy for neurological disorders.
- Stem cell therapy, deep brain stimulation and brain mapping are other forms of Neurological disorders remedies.
The neurological disorders are very serious health issues. A back pain, headache or even pain in the neck should not be ignored. These might appear to be temporary ailment signs but one never knows that these minor symptoms may lead to grave dysfunctions of the body and nervous system in the entirety.
- Hits: 2901
More Articles ...
Page 8 of 12