Find here technical specification of Concorde:
- Length 203 feet
- Height: 11.4 meters
- Wingspan: 8 25.5 meters
- Empty weight: 173,500 pounds (78690 kgs)
- Max. take-off weight: 408,000 pounds (185,066 kgs)
- Passenger capacity: 100
- Max speed: 1448 mph (2330 kph)
- Range: 4505 miles (7250 kms)
- Max elevation: 60,000 feet
- Rate of climb: 1524 miles/min (2452 kms/min)
- Hits: 2758
Tupolev Tu-144 was world's first supersonic airplane, which took off first in 1996, even before Concorde. Find here interesting facts about Tupolev Tu-144 that you would have never heard before
1. Tupolev Tu-144 could fly with maximum speed of 1510 mph (2430 kmh). This is slightly more speed than Concorde.
2. Like Concorde, the Tupolev Tu-144 was also prohibited from flying over certain areas, due to the noise it created.
3. Due to political and economic crisis that were developed in USSR in 1980's the government started saving money and the program to create further Tupolev Tu-144 was also effected.
4. After flying 55 times, in 9 years, the plane got retired from the service.
5. It doesnâ€™t have air-brakes and reverse thruster and relies only on wheels to stop.
6. The plane flew at 52,000 feet, 8000 less than where Concorde flew.
7. Tupolev Tu-144 could carry 58 passengers only per flight, 42 less passengers than Concorde did.
8. There was a lot of cabin noise coming from engines and air conditioners. Passengers could talk to each other with difficulty. Furthermore, noise at back of the plane was unbearable.
- Hits: 2525
There were many reasons why Concorde stopped flying, these are mentioned below.
There were many complaints from public about the noise Concorde made. The noise was not much from the plane but by the supersonic speed, which produced sound like a thunder or a bang.
The Oil crisis that started in 1970s made it very expensive to operate Concorde, and influenced many to-be operators to reconsider their options.
Unlike many other airlines, Concorde still used many analog instrument. And this was one of the reasons Concorde always flew with a flight engineer in every flight.
The 2000 Crash
The crash of Concorde flight diminished the ambition of its operators.
Costly for Passengers
One Concorde ticket costed around one thousand UK pounds, and nearly double for a First class seat, in 1980s. There were not as many customers as were expected to be received.
Non Eco Friendly
A 100-seater Concorde plane burnt 89,000 liters of fuel in a flight, where as other planes carrying about 400 passengers burnt only 59000 liters of fuel, in the same length flight.
- Hits: 2697
The assembly of 787 Dreamliner was started in June 2006 and the first Dreamliner was delivered in September 2011. The 747 Dreamliner is a beautiful aircraft equipped with efficient engine and spacious interior. The specification of Boeing 787 Dreamliner is as follows:
The 787 Dreamliner comes in 3 different models. Each model has different number of seats, as follows:
- 787-8: 210 to 250
- 787-9: 250 to 290
- 787-10: 300 to 330
- 50% Composites
- 20% Aluminum
- 15% Titanium
- Steel 10%
- Misc 5%
About same as 747 and 777 - Mach 0.85
This is quite amazing. During assembly less that 10,000 holes were drilled. In a 787, 1 million holes were drilled.
20% more fuel efficient than any other similarly sized aircraft.
It produces 20% less emission than similarly sized aircrafts.
The electrical system of Dreamliner 787 consumes 35% less power from engine that any other similarly sized plane.
Design of 787 Dreamliner
It took 800,000 hours on a supercomputer to design the 787 Dreamliner.
It is anticipated that maintenance cost on 787 Dreamliner will be 30% less than any other aircraft.
These were interesting facts about Dreamliner 787. This aircraft comes in three slight variations, namely 787-8, 787-9 and 787-10. The minor differences in these three models is in wing span, height, length, takeoff weight.
Tags: Boeing 787 Dreamliner Interesting Facts, 787 Dreamliner Facts
- Hits: 2774
More Articles ...
Page 8 of 19