Professionals from various industries seek information about which project management certification they should go for? Which one of these is the best? Common questions asked are whether these are really worth doing, can they do these certifications, are they eligible, and so on.
So Which Certification is Right For You?
And the answer to these questions is that it depends on your requirement. If you like to gain more knowledge about project management then you don't need any certification. As they require significant amount of time, energy and resources. So, better spend your time and money on something that is of more significance for your professional life.
But, if you are applying for the positions like of a Project Manager then you should go for certifications offered by PMI, as these will give your CV an edge and help you to stay on top during the recruitment process and you would only be competing with those who already got one. If this is the case then which certificate one should go about?
Most Popular PMI Certification
The most common among PMI certifications is Project Management Professional, commonly known as PMP. Project Management Professional (PMP) is most suitable for project managers and not for every person who has no or little project experience. The PMP credential cannot be attached with novice and but those who carry this title are trusted immediately and they deliver projects. The knowledge base of PMP is robust and is kept up to date by the professional contributing in it from around the world. So this surely is the best PM certification you have.
In addition the following qualities make PMP certification stand out among others.
1. It is less costly.
2. It gives the best return of your investment.
3. It has global recognition.
4. It is greatly in demand throughout the 7 continents.
5. The exam of PMP is same for everyone in the world.
6. The evaluation is done on the objective criteria.
7. It is equally good for professionals, engineers or managers from all industries, whether Civil, IT, Mechanical, Telecom or any other.
If you are interested to learn more about PMP certification, read Benefits of obtaining PMP training and PMP certification.
Other PMI Certifications
1. Program Management Professional (PgMP)
2. PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)
3. PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)
4. PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP )
5. Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
This was the list of PMI certifications. If you are interested in seeking any of these credentials, you should visit www.pmi.org to find out the eligibility requirements, training needs, costs and all the details you may need.