- Category: Life
- Hits: 641
Every year Pantone declares the color of the year. This color tends to become a popular choice for designers and celebrities. Not always the hottest color of the season, this color does remain in the top used colors of the year.
Each year color standard groups of various nations meet in secret to decide for a color of the year. The color is usually picked after a hell of debate. The factors that affect the choice of color are upcoming films, entertainment industry, travel destinations, art, emerging artists, and socio-economic conditions. Apart from that, each color has a hidden emotional and psychological meaning. This also influences the choice.
Radiant Orchid has been declared the color of the year for 2015. The representatives of Pantone suggest that this color has a warmth and exoticness to it. This color could be found in abundance in nature. We often see mauve and violet colored flowers. Orchid is a great color to use in interiors. Orchid nail color has always been a great color. As soon as the color was announced, we saw a lot of celebrities endorsing this year.
Lady Gaga made the most outrageous entry on American Music Awards. She was accompanied with a white artificial stallion and she draped a gorgeous Radiant Orchid dress. She indeed stole the show with her stellar entry.
Kristen Bell paired an Orchid top with black trousers to create a funky look. She used the color of the year on a social event of Samsung. Amy Adams looked very chick in her J. Mendel chiffon dress. Her pale complexion complemented the dress very nicely.
Radiant Orchid is a color that would look good on most skin tones. Be ready to witness a lot of Orchid Red Carpet Moments. What kind of orchid dress are you getting?
- Category: Life
- Hits: 717
The pace of life in 21st century is fast. Most of the times, people are caught up in their careers and homes. The students are busy with their academic goals or the teenage socializing. All of this life activities make us crave for holidays. We love holidays, don't we? We look forward to them! But what happens after a few days of them! Boredom sets in. And it kills us at times.
How to overcome boredom? There are a number of healthy activities that you could deploy to kill your boredom!
Get in touch with old friends
During the normal course of life, the only friends that get our time and attention are the ones who are constantly in touch with up due to academics or career. The old friends are mostly neglected. Holidays are the right time to make up for the lack of socializing and it also guarantees a great time.
Discover your city
If you have a gig for raveling then this is a very good idea for you. You must have seen the world famous tourist destinations of your city but have you seen the untouched and seldom seen beautiful natural locations? Have you visited the bazaars that are of no use to you? Have you seen a few centuries old university that sits in your city. If you haven't, don't get bored, start sightseeing.
Staying at Home
If you plan on staying indoors, there is a lot that you can do and spend a great time. If you have a few people around at your place, then go for board games. They are fun and brush up your analytical and strategic skills. A few classics that never get old are Monopoly, Clue, or Snakes and Ladders.
Cards are always fun to play. They are even addictive in nature. Solitaire, poker and bluff are popular card game that won't let you get bored for even a single second.
What latest movies have you not seen? Now is a good time to see them and relax!
You want to stay bored or not? It is entirely up to you!
- Category: Life
- Hits: 414
People nowadays remain indoors, office or homes, for a big part of the day. Polluted air in our houses and offices lead to various negative health conditions such as stroke, lung cancer, allergic reactions, asthma attack, cardiovascular disease and more
Indoor pollution negatively impacts our health. Here are a few things you can do to improve the indoor air quality (IAQ):
- Do not smoke inside the house.
- Keep the gas stove properly ventilated
- Reduce Clutter
- Do not use carpets
- Cover all the garbage bins
- Remove all the shoes outside the house
- Do not use air refreshers
- Fix water leakages
- Remove dust from all surfaces regularly
- Install exhaust fans in the kitchen and washrooms
- Use scented candles less
This is how to improve indoor air quality in easy way. By taking these simple measures, you can ensure fresh and oxygen-filled air in your home and office, resulting in healthier atmosphere and feel of freshness in your body
- Category: Life
- Hits: 669
Are you looking for ways to change your habit of watching too much TV? Or may be you want to do something productive instead of watching TV? Here are the things you can do to avoid watching TV, as much as possible.
Things That You Start Immediately or Complete in Short Time
- Put together a puzzle
- Clean up your room, your house, your bicycle, house or anything else.
- Play with your pet
- Read a book or a magazine
- Watch the night sky with your binoculars and identify different stars and their patterns
- Invite your friend for a cup of coffee and a laugh. Or go yourself to your friend's.
- Water the plants in your house
- Play cards
- Have a chit-chat with your parents, siblings on any topic of your or their interest.
- Organize items in your wardrobe.
- Learn a new food recipe online
- Cook something new or different.
- Take a nap
Things That Require Some Time to Begin or to Do
- Go on a walk. Read about the many benefits of walking, here.
- Go bicycling. Read about the benefits of cycling here
- Go to a zoo, museum, a fort, castle or library
- Attend a seminar, conference, debate, speech of your interest
- Go outside and play a sport.
- Volunteer at a local charity, hospital or any other such places
- Plan a tree
- Earn Online. Read here an easy guide on how to start earning online through Google Adsense.
These are the things to do instead of watching TV. Hope you found these helpful. What else do you think can be the alternative to watching TV? Share your ideas in the comments box below.
- Category: Life
- Hits: 591
Pakistan is not what most people think how and what it is. It is one of the most underestimated countries. What most people think about Pakistan is totally on contrary to the reality. Just read some facts about Pakistan and decide yourself and comment below also whether Pakistan is really how you or other people always think it is?
- Pakistan is the 25th largest economy in the world. Out of 196 countries in the world, being 26th largest economy is not a little thing. This leaves anyone to stop doubting Pakistan anymore, however if you still have negative thoughts about Pakistan, read on ...
- Pakistan is in Next Eleven - the list of eleven countries that have potential to become one of the world's large economies in 21st century.
- Pakistan Stock Exchange is among the world's best performing stock markets. Furthermore, Karachi Stock Exchange is the best performing market in the entire world
- World's 20th largest and proven coal reserves are in Pakistan
- Pakistan has world's 3rd (Biafo Glacier), 5th (Baltoro Glacier) and 7th (Batura) largest glacier.
- Saindak & Reco Diq are places in Pakistan, which have world's largest gold mines.
- Pakistan has world's 7th largest copper reserves.
- Pakistan has world's 2nd largest salt mines - Khewra salt mine.
- Pakistan is one of the top 5 freelancing countries. About 1 million freelancers in Pakistan work via Freelancer, oDesk and elance.
- Pakistan has world's 2nd largest mountain, called K2. Pakistan also has 40 other mountains that come in the world's 100 largest mountains list.
- Some of the earliest Stone Age artefact in the world, dating from 100000 to 500000 years ago are found surrounding Islamabad.
- Pakistan enjoys all different kinds of weathers. Many areas of Pakistan gets both too much heat and also too much cold. Several cities have their temperature dropped up to -10 C, and on the other hand, several cities get heat of up to 51 C.
- Pakistan is full of forts, waterfalls, culture, history, parks, lakes, rivers and archaeological sites, which are worth giving a visit.
- Pakistan Army is at no. 11 in the world in terms of military strength.
- Area wise, Pakistan is 34th largest country in the world.
- Pakistan is the 3rd largest country by population in the world, where English is spoken as a second language.
- Pakistan is the only nuclear power in the Muslim world.
- Pakistan has world's 7th largest pool of engineers and scientists.
- Pakistan has world's largest irrigation system.
- World's largest ambulance service is in Pakistan, called Edhi.
- Gwadar is world's largest deep sea port in the world.
- Pakistan is world's 4th largest user of mobile phones.
- Pakistan's national anthem is ranked no. 1 being the best national anthem in the world.
- Pakistan has world's highest paved international road - Karakorum highway
These were Pakistan facts. Maybe you never knew Pakistan is not what you always thought. Pakistan, in reality is incredible more than what you've read about it here.
Based on Plazart Framework
© 2019 Scientific Era