A working mother is an asset for her children not only in terms of financial support but also as a symbol of strength and confidence. Researchers conclude that children who have working mothers are smarter, confident and understanding than the ones who don't have working mothers.
Usually children idealize their mothers for their multitasking capabilities at home and office. Being a working mother myself, I have experienced how influenced my child is towards me and how he idealizes me for what I do and tries to help me in my endeavors. He is only 2.5 years of age but he helps me pack my laptop bag, does not let the a stranger touch my laptop or purse and says it's mom's and no one should touch it.
Useful Tips for Working Mother
If you are a working mother and want your home life to be perfect then you need to invest a lot of your spare time and energy in bringing a synergy between your work place and home and making your family learn the concept of teamwork. Teamwork is when all members of a group, family and department work together for achieving a certain set of goals. In order to make your teamwork effective you need to follow a few basic guidelines:
1) Make sure your spouse is ready to accept you as a working woman and support you.
2) Analyze how important your work is for the family's well being.
3) Try to tell your children the different ways your work will benefit them.
4) If your children are at school going age then get them admitted to a school.
5) Try to make your children independent in activities like cleaning their rooms, bathing and washing their hands, doing their home work, sitting on the table and eating their meals etc.
6) Try to indulge your spouse in helping you with the household like buying groceries, helping with cleaning the house and cooking , spending time with children like picking them after school or taking them out in your absence and so on.
7) don't make cooking an everyday task rather cook two or three dishes over the weekend and use it throughout the week.
8) If you are good with finances hire a maid for the household work. Make sure you know the person well before hiring.
9) Maids should always be kept through good references and not through a random search.
10) Make your daily routines set and discipline your life accordingly.
11) No matter how busy you are you should always have some spare time to sit and relax with your family.
12) If everything gets managed well do not become eased and careless towards home.
Always remember that you are the asset for the family and teamwork is only being done to ease your workload so you should take out some time for the family to just be there for them. No matter how tired you are as a working mother, make sure the entire family sits together at a meal or a TV show or anything that all of you enjoy doing together. Happy Parenting!
Tags: Working mother, Benefits of working mother, Tips for Working Mother