- Category: Health
- Hits: 602
Do you use computers a lot? If you use a computer a lot and if you ever get tensed for any reason, find out here interesting and useful tips to release tension easily:
1. Light up candles around your screen before starting to use your computer.
2. Work normally for a while then suddenly look amazingly feared by something on the screen and crawl underneath the computer desk.
3. Put a straw in your mouth and put your hands in your pockets. Type by hitting the keys with the straw.
4. Bring a hammer, but do not use it. If anyone asks you why you have the hammer, say 'just in case' mysteriously! ;-)
5. Ask the person next to you if they know how to tap into the secret Pentagon files.
6. Take the keyboard and sit under the PC. Go to the lab supervisor and complain about the bad working conditions.
7. Sit and stare at your screen, biting your nails. After doing this for sometime spit them out at the feet of the person sitting next to you.
- Category: Health
- Hits: 907
Depression is a major health problem, with at least 5 percent of the world's population affected by it, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). What is more alarming is that these rates of depression in the population seem to be increasing. In the United States, it went up from 3.33% in 1991 to over 7% in 2002.
Common causes of depression include some physical illness, unemployment, family related issues, feelings of guilt, a sense of hopelessness and a feeling of being powerless about one's own destiny.
A research by Nuffield Foundation investigated the rates of depression among teenagers. It found that the rate of depression has significantly increased. One of the reasons for this could be that it is twice as likely now that the teenagers have divorced parents, than it was 30 years ago. 20% of 16 years old children have now experienced divorced parents, up from 10% in the 1970s.
Similarly, more young people are now in education rather than in paid employment, which leads to a longer adolescence period. 69% of people aged 16-18 were in full time education in 2009, up from 35% in 1985. This could also result in depression. Now, 2 in 30 boys are found to be depressed from 1 in 30, 30 years ago and 2 in 10 from 1 in 10 girls are now in depression. The rates have essentially doubled.
Lack of Religion
Another possible explanation for this rise in depression among people is the trend of people becoming less religious with time. A lack of belief in God and an afterlife magnifies life's disappointments and makes people feel as if, by failing, they have wasted their one and only chance.
Other Possible Causes of Depression
Women have higher rates of depression; a reason suggested for this is the new unattainable ideals of female beauty which makes common women feel depressed about their own physical conditions. A possible reason for generally increasing rates of depression could be that luxuries afforded by modern life and the fulfillment of all the basic desires leaves the mind to linger on the emotional states, causing depression.
No one cause can definitely be blamed for this problem, but there is no denying that the general increasing rates of stressed out population are increasing.
You may also like to read about: Facebook Depression and its Causes
- Category: Health
- Hits: 464
Cycling has so many health and other benefits that we should especially take out time from our busy lives and make cycling a daily part of our lives. Here are the many benefits of cycling that you must know.
Health Benefits of Cycling
- Cycling promotes good heart health.
- Diabetes can be controlled through cycling as during cycling glucose present in the blood is utilized.
- Your stamina is increased by regular cycling, which in turns opens for you further options for doing other kinds of physical activities
- Cycling is stress-reliever. The long the time you spend cycling, the more stress you will release.
- Cycling is also considered as a pain-reduction strategy. If you have pain in any part of your body, cycling can help in reducing or totally getting rid of it.
- Cycling not only helps in preventing arthritis but also in reducing its harmful effects.
- Cycling lowers risk of cancer.
- Your body muscle health is improved.
- Cycling helps insomnia sufferers to sleep in half the time, if you cycle every day for 20-30 minutes.
- Scientists at Stanford University revealed that cycling reduces signs of ageing, due to increased blood circulation and more oxygen delivery inside body
- Cycling increases brain power as more brain cells are built during cycling.
- Cycling helps to-be mothers in easier labor, faster recovery and it also elevates their mood throughout their 9 months of pregnancy.
Non Health Benefits of Cycling.
- You may get to your destination faster. In many heavily populated cities, for example Birmingham UK and many more, it may take less time to get to another place than traveling in a car
- You will save money. If you travel by bus you have to pay for the ticket. Driving a car requires you to pay for petrol, oil consumption, wear and tear. Traveling by a bicycle is totally free.
- Cycling is a good pass-time.
- You get the opportunity to get into small streets where you can't enter in a car. Thus, you can explore more of your city on a bike.
- You can make cycling friends.
- It gives you excuse not to watch TV, play games, use mobile phone or do other unproductive / unhealthy activity.
These were the many benefits of cycling. Also read: Benefits of Walking
- Category: Health
- Hits: 456
There are many benefits of Sulphur bath, and these are mentioned below.
1. Soaking yourself in a Sulphur bath brings you benefits of exercising, and without taking much strain.
2. Sulphur path lowers the blood pressure.
3. Sulphur bath lowers the pain and even swelling caused by rheumatoid/psoriatic arthritis and osteoarthritis.
4. Sulphur bath relaxes the body and mind.
5. Your immunity is increased.
6. Sulphur bath helps in normalizing the functions of the glands.
7. Sulphur bath detoxifies the liver.
8. Sulphur bath alleviates the conditions of high cholesterol levels, female reproductive system disorders, and digestive disorders. Furthermore, it even helps removing the premenstrual issues and negative menopausal symptoms.
9. Sulphur bath helps in treating asthma, allergies and allergies.
10. Sulphur gives you stronger hair, nails and skin.
Although a Sulphur bath that is approximately 45-60 mins long gives you the above-mentioned benefits, it should be noted that to fully get all these benefits, regular soaking in a Sulphur bath is required.
These were the benefits of a Sulphur bath. Hope you found this information useful.
- Category: Health
- Hits: 439
If you are bored of your daily black tea or black tea with, or you want to try something else, here are the best alternatives to black tea that you can try:
1. Chamomile Tea
This tea tastes very good. If honey is added or vanilla flavor in it, the taste becomes even nicer.
2. Spearmint Tea
It has a sweet and lighter taste, and a little similar to the spearmint sweets. Spearmint tea is good for digestion and to get fresh
3. Green Tea
Not only this tea is refreshing, it has many health benefits too. It is good for your brain, heart and skin. Green tea with lemon or mint tastes even better
4. Jasmine Tea
This tea has a very nice aroma and also tastes good.
5. Licorice Tea
This is another tea that has a lovely scent, and it's also quite refreshing as well.
6. Butter Mint Tea
This one is not very easy to find but this one also has a very good taste and nice smell.
These were the alternatives to black tea or black milk tea. Also read: Health benefits of black and white tea
Based on Plazart Framework
© 2019 Scientific Era