- Category: Health
- Hits: 1211
Coffee may or may not be the most loved relaxing drink for you but for others it may be the only thing to live for. Like every other ingredient on earth, coffee too has its pros and cons. Some people may not be able to tolerate coffee as it may make them have insomnia, anxiety, irregular heart beat, miscarriages and high calories, etc. This article specifically talks about the positive aspects of drinking coffee. There are many health benefits of coffee and there are some major diseases that a coffee drinker will be protected from and these include the following:
Coffee Health Benefits
1) Alzheimer's disease: The first health benefit of coffee in the list is prevention of Alzheimer's disease. People taking 3 - 4 cups of coffee a day are found to be protected from Alzheimer's disease as the caffeine present in coffee reduces the production of protein called beta-amyloid which causes functioning issues in the brain and makes one an Alzheimer's patient.
2) Cancer: People consuming three or more cups of coffee a day can be protected from colon cancer, liver cancer, kidney, endometrial and oral cancers as the antioxidant compounds in coffee help reduce the risk of cancer.
3) Diabetes: Diabetes is a common disease found in many people around the world. People who are at risk of diabetes can be protected by the antioxidants, mineral and caffeine present in coffee as it improves the glucose metabolism and insulin sensitivity in the body.
4) Pain reduction: Drinking a cup of coffee an hour before hi-intensity workouts will reduce pain in the body while working out as the caffeine helps in blocking adenine which is the chemical that activates pain receptor cells in the body.
5) Gout Problem: Gout is a painful arthritis condition of the joints that can occur in middle and old age people and those who drink 4 to 5 cups of coffee a day are less likely to develop gout as coffee consumption may lower blood levels of uric acid which is a substance linked to gout.
6) Fatal Heart Diseases: the antioxidants in coffee protect against fatal heart diseases than those people who do not drink coffee as it improves blood vessel function, inflammation and protects cholesterol from oxidation.
7) Memory loss: Coffee preserves the memory. The caffeine in coffee and tea makes the rate of cognitive decline slower and preserves the memory.
8) Parkinson's disease: coffee drinkers have lower risk for Parkinson's as these people have reduced risk of neuro-degenerative disorder as the caffeine boosts the level of brain chemical dopamine which helps protects the person of Parkinson's.
As you read above there are many health benefits of coffee. So, coffee is not really bad for health. Having 2 - 4 cups is not a bad choice on a cold winter evening or a hot summer morning.
- Category: Health
- Hits: 394
Best Colors for Spring Dresses
Spring starts with colorful flowers blooming, weather being pleasant and everyone looking happy and fresh. Fashion designers look busy matching the right color combinations with attractive designs to suit the consumer needs and everyone anxiously look forward to the new fashion trends being launched.
After a winter season filled with dark dull colors of brown, black, navy blue, grey and teal people enjoy buying vibrant shades for summer, which look good to the eye and feel relaxing to wear. Here are some ideal Spring colors to wear for an elegant attractive look and comfortable feel.
1) Lemon color: Usually vegetable and fruit colors fill the spring color palettes but this year lemon yellow color is assumed to look trendy and fresh in the heat prone sunny weather. Mixing lemon yellow with white, cream or grey can be a suitable day wear on a hot summer day.
2) Tangerine/ Mirinda orange: Another vibrant addition to the wardrobe is tangerine color or mirinda orange color. Being a vibrant color it will surely attract the eye in day time as well as night. You can wear it as a single color or mix it with peach, yellow, white in the day and blue, black, maroon, red and brown as a night wear.
3) Aqua Blue: A lighter yet brighter blue which is a must to have for a day wear wardrobe. This Spring dress color is so cool and calm that it's better to wear it on its own but still if you want to have a mix and match then wearing it with bolder shades of blue, white, grey, off-white, pink, move in days and mix it with black, hunter's green, purple, magenta at nights for an appealing look.
4) Lime green: Green is an ever living color and all of its shades are attractive however our spring palette this year includes lime green color. It is considered as an adventurous, playful color that gives a fresh look to the personality and usually suits everyone. It draws the attention off the heating weather and keeps one focused on the coolness of the color itself.
5) Raspberry: A beautiful purely feminine, bold and a refreshing color that always gives you a classy look. Whether day or night, it will always make the personality look stronger, bolder and stunning. It not only makes you look stunning but also brings softness and brightness to your face and makes you stand out of the crowd.
6) Tomato Red: Another bold color to add in the wardrobe. Tomato red is a charming color that so much affects your body and face that you will always look fresh even after a day full of tiresome activities. In extremely heat wear it anywhere any time it will surely make you the center of attraction.
7) Peaches and Pinks: Peach and pink colors are usually part of our wardrobes however invest in baby pink and light peach shades for a hot summer day so as to give your body the coolest feeling.
These are some of the main Spring and Summer colors that are must have this year. However, you are the best judge of what will look good on you. Never copy others but wear something unique and original so that you attract all eyes truly.
- Category: Health
- Hits: 226
We have a huge portfolio of the tea varieties available on the market today. There are plain original tea, flavored tea, green tea and further line extensions of every form. But no matter black, green, white or any other variation they all originate from the same plant called Camellia Sinensis and the differences in the forms are due to the processing methods only. Furthermore the more brewed your favorite tea is the better health benefits it carries with itself. There are many health benefits of tea including:
Health Benefits of Black Tea
- The chemical compounds present in tea are able to reduce plaque in the teeth and kills bacteria in the mouth and so there are less chances of having cavities.
- Black or green, tea helps indigestion.
- As tea contains antioxidants, it slows the ageing process and helps the damaged cells get repaired and regenerated.
- Tea helps in reducing the risk of cancer.
- Black tea is good when you are tired as it will reduce the amount of stress hormone being generated in the body.
- Tea helps reduce the risk of heart attacks.
- Tea helps in strengthening the immune defense system of the body.
- It prevents and helps fight against rheumatoid arthritis and strengthens the bone density.
- It also helps in ending the neurological disorders like Parkinson's disease and other mental illnesses.
- It elevates the mood and keeps us active.
Health Benefits of Green Tea
Health benefits of green tea include relief from stomach cramps, prevention from acne, bacterial and viral infections, it increases metabolism, increases stamina, helps in stopping Alzheimer, reduces the chances of hypertension drastically and the level of cholesterol in blood.
What makes tea a healthy drink is the unique mix of chemicals called flavonoids. These flavonoids help the bodies get rid of free radicals that are bad for the body and make our bodies healthy.
We learnt here the health benefits of tea. So it is good to drink tea every day, however remember extremity of everything is bad but consuming 2 to 3 cups of tea a day is very healthy.
These were the benefits of drinking tea. However, note that excessive use of anything is not good. According to some experts who wrote about tea in the Reader's Digest magazine mentioned that up to 3 cups of tea in a day is a good number, and more than that should be avoided.
Best Way of Making Perfect Tea
We all know how tea is made but we all really don't know how to make the best tea, which will not only taste better but also offer more health benefits. So find out the best technique of making the tea in The Perfect Way of Making Tea.
- Category: Health
- Hits: 321
Alcohol Addiction is a deadly threat not only to the victim but to his entire family too, and quick treatment of alcohol addiction is a very important concern globally. Alcohol addiction is a passive killer and rehabilitation or treatment is mandatory. So, what is treatment for alcohol addiction? There are various ways of treatment of alcohol addiction like visiting rehabilitation clinics, undergoing medications and therapies but the best is to fight alcohol addiction naturally in order to ensure better results.
Natural Treatment of Alcohol Addiction
Withdrawal from alcohol can have serious complications so it has to be monitored and supported by medical supervisors continuously but there are some basic techniques that have always remained as successful measures for alcohol addiction treatments. These include:
- Alcohol cravings can be harsh as the patient may experience acute shaking, headache, nausea and vomiting, hallucinations, dehydration, stomach aches and diarrhea, emotional strokes and even cardiac arrest so emergency medical supervision should remain alert.
- The patients seeking rehabilitation must be introduced to those who have been able to say no to alcohol consumption so that he shares his feelings out and feels relaxed and less stressed.
- Another important thing is to sleep as normally as possible. This can be done when the person gets tired and for this he can pick up some kind of activity that makes him tired that will lead him to sleep.
- Alcoholism results in malnutrition so consuming well-balanced diet is important. It includes adding fresh fruits and vegetables to the diet and taking multivitamin supplements if advised by the doctor.
- Cardio workouts and yoga sessions must be started as they will not only help in strengthening muscles but will also be helpful in exhaling the negative stress out of the body and mind.
Remember, the treatment of alcohol addiction is a stressful, long term process and requires a lot of patience by the patient as well as his family. The patient must also be gradually treated and never made to feel guilty of his/her addiction.
- Category: Health
- Hits: 500
What is Mediterranean Diet?
A Mediterranean Diet Plan is a buzz word in the world of those people who are desperate to loss those additional pounds immediately. Being confronted with this at my last Yoga workout, I was destined to know what exactly a Mediterranean diet plan is and how it is beneficial in weight reduction and here is an explanation to this.
What is Included in the Mediterranean Diet Plan?
A Mediterranean diet is a form of diet that was traditionally used in Spain, Italy, Greece and Morocco. So what is the Mediterranean diet? This diet plan revolves around consuming abundant quantity of plant foods, fresh fruits as deserts, olive oil and dairy products like yogurt and cheese for fat, fish and poultry for protein, no eggs or else 3-4 eggs a week, no or low red meat and wine.
The diet plan focuses on a high consumption of olive oil, legumes, unrefined cereals, fruits and vegetables, a moderate consumption of dairy products and white meat, very low consumption of red meat with moderate wine consumption. This form of diet is considered healthy as high level of olive oil has low saturated fats and high mono-unsaturated fats and dietary fibers that help in reducing weight. It has high salt content as plant based foods are rich in natural salt.
Eating 5-6 small portions with different food combinations given in the Mediterranean diet chart along with a daily exercise routine can bring major changes in the body shapes. You can follow any diet plan that you like for reducing weight but it's strongly recommended to consult your dietician and physician before starting any plan in order to ensure that you will have no harmful or adverse effects of it.
Based on Plazart Framework
© 2019 Scientific Era