- Category: Internet
- Hits: 1161
Your computer without antivirus software is safe if you do not download anything from the Internet and do not copy or install anything from a USB drive or any other external storage. It is highly important for anyone to install antivirus software on his computer, and not only this, he also has to make sure he updates it regularly, unless the software updates automatically.
People and organizations suffer massive losses on regular basis due to virus attacks. Some viruses do their job quietly and you don't notice any change in your computer. The virus may be your information or may be it is scheduled to attack the computer after certain time, so you never know. The bottom line is - viruses are spreading like a wildfire and taking preventive measures is necessary for both personal and business computer user.
Any computer user should not take it lightly. Maybe a virus never attacked you before but one day a virus gets downloaded in your computer and you may lose hundreds of files, maybe your Word files, your personal data, or any other work that you have been working on for weeks or months!
Sources of Virus
- Internet is full of viruses. Whether you are browsing a music website, torrent, software or any other website, some of these, and you don't know which, have virus-infected files waiting for you to download them and cause harm to your computer.
- Many a times, you connect a USB drive to your computer for copying files. These files may be virus-infected and when you run them, these will cause harm to your computer.
- Sometimes, a very legitimate looking website also contains viruses. Often people upload their files onto websites (e.g. an online forum, etc.), which are virus-infected.
- Evil-doers have become so smart that they can attach a virus with a video file or a picture. When you open that picture or video file, these open perfectly fine but in the background the virus is doing its job quietly.
These are common sources of virus attacks, and there may be more. A computer virus can cause a little to very serious damage to your computer and you may or may not notice any effect. Find out about the effects of computer viruses on the computer here.
Also Read: Top 5 Effects of Computer Viruses
- Category: Internet
- Hits: 710
Find here advantages of Twitter below:
Easy to Use
Unlike Facebook or other similar networking sites, Twitter is easier to use. When writing a message (tweet) you do not need to think of also mentioning your location, your current feeling. Furthermore, you also don't have to worry about which video, or photo you should also post with your message. You just write a text-based message, up to 140 characters and post it!
Clear & to-the-point Messages
Since a Twitter tweet only carries a text and that it can be 14-characters long only, the tweet writers tend to write a brief, to-the-point message for its audience. Resultantly, it saves one's time to read frequent tweets of the one who you are following. The text-based and short-length tweet also helps filtering out irrelevant message posting, which helps in sending solid and clear messages to the audience.
Twitter has over 285 million monthly users. Though your tweet may not reach all of them, even a fraction of it who will get it may be valuable for you.
You can follow a person, group, business, a service or a product on Twitter, and get regular updates about it as it is posted. Besides, it is also possible to follow a certain hashtag or a topic.
Cheaper Ads on Twitter
Businesses can advertise their products and services on the Twitter website. Furthermore, posting ads on the Twitter website is comparatively cheaper than posting ads on Facebook or Linkedin.
In final words about advantages of Twitter, Twitter is good for news, trends, updates by a person or brand, and it is quick and easy to use, either on a mobile phone, tablet or a computer by teens and elders alike. If you are an individual who wants to convey your message to the world or a business owner, Twitter has many benefits that you get.
- Category: Internet
- Hits: 657
Tweet size is limited to 140 characters only. This prevents one in conveying a complete message when it is necessary to use more words to pass on your thoughts with context.
Visual content except pictures can not be uploaded on Twitter. A tweet can only comprise a plain text, a single picture and website links.
Your Tweet Disappears Very Fast
If your tweet is not read by your followers soon after you posted it, it will disappear under thousands of new tweets, and will not be quickly visible to read, unless specifically searched through.
It Can Become Boring
Unlike Facebook, Twitter has not much to offer like pics, videos, games, music, personal profiles and business pages, etc. Twitter can become boring if you do not see interesting tweets on the screen for some time.
Time Consumption and Addiction
Twitter can become addition for some people. They will keep on checking new tweets, relevant or irrelevant, expecting to find something new and spicy.
It consumes their precious time and also keep them constantly engaged with Twitter either they are at home, office or driving the car home or office. This proves to be unproductive and waste of time.
Also read about Advantages of Twitter
- Category: Internet
- Hits: 549
Computer viruses are transmitted through various means and spread very fast. The following are the most common ways how computer viruses are transmitted.
1. Running a virus-infected program, image, video or any other file.
2. Booting a computer from a virus-infected medium, such as USB drive, etc.
3. Opening of a virus-infected email attachment.
4. Running pirated software. Pirated software files are known for often having virus attached to them, but you may find a virus-free pirated software as well if you're lucky.
5. Mobile devices. If you have virus in your smart phone and you connect it to your computer to copy files. You will end up copying virus-infected files from your phone to computer.
6. Bad Intranet. If you're connected to a computer network (LAN), you may access a file from a computer in the network, which is virus-infected. This way, the virus will run on your computer.
7. Hackers. Some hackers can target computer directly and even can bypass your computer Firewall to send a virus in your computer and run it. Though this way of virus transmission is not as common as others, it does happen quite often everywhere in the world
8. Opening a virus-infected USB drive. Many a times a USB drive is infected by virus in such a way that the moment you open it to see its contents, the virus runs - without even needing you to execute any file that is in it.
These are the many ways how computer viruses are transmitted. By reading this, now you may have understood the importance of using antivirus software. Some people think that antivirus software is not needed. To these people, I explained earlier whether their computers are really safe without antivirus or not. I also explained in another article the most common effects of viruses on your computer. I recommend you also read this.
Based on Plazart Framework
© 2019 Scientific Era