- Category: Technology
- Hits: 178
Flying has to be made safe in every possible way and extra care is often taken to make sure that a safe journey is made. But with the excessive use of gadgets and technology, this rule seems to get a lot of frowns, partly because it is never proved that an air plane went to blazes or crashed due to an interfering gadget.
The most annoying rule about flying is turning off the wireless gadgets, isn't it! You are stuck on a plane for several hours and you are asked to say goodbye to the sole thing of comfort. But is it necessary to turn off your mobile phone in the plane? Read on to find out...
What is the Rule for Using Mobile Phone in Airplane?
According to the set of laws, which are quite standardized around the world, the use of handy gadgets is not allowed below the height of 3,000m (10,000ft), even in "flight mode" which stops the communication of signals. Above this height, gadgets like laptops and iPods can be used, but mobile phones must remain off.
The Scientists's Stance
The electronics devices emit radio waves to communicate with the mobile networks and connect with the internet. The airplanes contain hundreds of avionics that communicate with the ground, keep track of all the mechanics that keeps the plane in air and help in navigation. It is thought theoretically that the radio waves coming out of the gadgets could interfere with these avionic systems and cause malfunctioning.
All the tech gadgets like tablets, laptops, Smartphones and iPods emit such radio waves. It is feared that a malfunctioning gadget could release stronger waves that could be hazardous.
Flying is said to be the safest mode of travelling in the modern world. Fortunately, very few accidents occur. No accident has ever been recorded to have been caused by an interfering gadget. Some experts say that you never know, maybe the black box could not record the real cause of malfunctioning as some accidents still remain a mystery.
Let's Stick to the Rule
US authorities are researching that the use of gadgets while flying is whether safe or not. But until the results are yet to be announced, it is wise to stick to the rule of switching off the phone or use the Flight Mode in your phone. Of course, you would not want to have a bad flying experience just because of an Angry Birds game.
Tags: why mobile phones are not allowed in airplanes
- Category: Technology
- Hits: 300
The market for tablets has blossomed very quickly over the past years. The Samsung Galaxy tabs and iPads have proven to be huge commercial breakthroughs. The portable nature of tablets, their small weight and attractive applications are some of the factors behind their enormous success. Tablets are popular among consumers of every age-group, but children are undoubtedly fascinated the most by their unique appearances and easy to understand functions. As a result, adult consumers are totally outnumbered by the children users. But before handing these tablets over to their young ones, the parents must be aware of their advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of Tablet PCs
The most notable advantage of the use of tablets by children is entertainment. Children can amuse themselves by playing thousands of interesting games which are in accordance with their age-group. Some educational games are also available on the Apple Store and Google Play which can prove to be very helpful in teaching the young ones alphabets and numbers. These games also enhance the reading, time-telling, mathematics, art and memory skills of the children and in turn, improve their mental capabilities. The use of tablets makes children more active physically as well as mentally.
Disadvantages of Tablet PCs
Although the use of tablets increases the mental sharpness of children and helps them in their early education, it also carries many disadvantages. The most prominent drawback of the use of tablets by children is the medical one. The intense rays coming out of the tablet screens can damage the eyes and result in nearsightedness. Especially children between 3-7 age are more affected because of their more sensitive eyes. Another downside of the use of tablets by children is that they can hinder the development of their communication skills. Children sometimes get entangled in the tablets to such an extent that they ignore their surroundings and do not communicate enough with the people around them. Recently, a study was carried out which showed that the children who use tablets for more than three hours daily have more chance of facing conduct problems by the age of seven than children who do not.
The use of tablets by children has both negative, as well as positive effects. It is the responsibility of parents to make sure that their children use tablets only in a productive manner and not overuse them to such an extent that they may prove harmful.
Tag: Advantages and Disadvantages of Tablet Computers
- Category: Technology
- Hits: 138
Desktop Personal Computers have been around for more than two decades now. The technology has advanced by leaps and bounds during this duration. New gadgets have been born. Many analysts claim that the PC is dead or is dying. But it is not so. Although, during the recent years, a decline has been witnessed in the sale of Desktop PCs, but it, by no means, suggests or proves that PCs have died.
Following are the reasons that keep the PCs still doing well.
- Desktop Computers are inexpensive as compared to laptops or tablets. You might find every other person having a personal laptop in developed countries. But this is not the case in developing and emerging economies. Many times, the whole family shares the same computer. The cost effectiveness of Desktop PCs makes them strong.
- Desktop PCs are highly customizable. One could upgrade the memory, RAM and change the processor as well. The replacement of parts and peripherals is cheap and easy. On the other hand, it is expensive to upgrade the laptop. The tables are hardly upgradable in any way. Desktop PCs win in this regard.
- Desktop PCs still remain a crucial part of offices and institutions. Every office needs quite a lot of computing devices for daily tasks. If the employers decide to buy each of the employees a laptop, the finances would go down. Similarly, in all the institutions around the world, labs still use Desktop Computers.
- Computers still remain a good choice for gamers. It is because the hardware requirements of the latest games keep on changing all the time and Desktop PCs could be upgraded with little amount of money. Moreover, the upgradation capacity of portable computers is not as much as that of Desktop PCs.
The recent years have seen a decline in the sales of Desktop PCs. The tablet PCs and Laptop seem to be everywhere but Personal Computers are nowhere near obsolete and they are going to stay for quite a while.
- Category: Technology
- Hits: 881
Advantages of Using E-Readers
E-Readers happen to be one of the hottest choices in today's market of technology and gadgets. They are definitely cool, stylish and comfortable to use. But do they efficiently and rightly replace books? Let us discover together.
1. E-readers are light weight and compact unlike books. They are definitely easy to carry around.
2. A single E-reader could carry thousands of books and weigh the same. Carrying eight books in a bag would make quite a luggage. Going on a holiday with kids, you won't need to pack their books and your books; just pack the E-reader!
3. E-readers are modern, stylish and up-to-date. Many E-readers are perfect for fashion conscious individuals.
4. E-readers cost big bucks! They range anywhere between $150 to $500. But when it comes to books, even most bestsellers could be found under $10.
5. E-readers are a great utility when one is on vacation or travelling.
6. Many people have the habit of reading till late hours until they fall asleep. Books played a very good role in it. They were read until the eyes could bear no more. But this is not the case with gadgets. Tablets, E-readers and Smartphones emit white light which suppresses the release of a chemical that triggers sleep. Hence, after using an E-reader, many people find it hard to fall asleep. Books win in this regards.
7. Books have a significant impact on the environment. Trees are cut down for quality paper, manufacturing machinery is required, and fuel is burnt to transport them. All this sounds like a lot of burden on the environment. It has been found that each book releases about 9 pounds of carbon dioxide in its lifetime. While, e-readers also need manufacturing and transportation, but a single one of them has the power to replace thousands of books.
8. Some people claim that books help better in learning and it is hard to remember things while reading from a gadget. Research is being carried out in this regard.
While Amazon's Kindle and Barnes & Noble's Nook are specialized E-readers, tablet computers of today could also be categorized as E-readers. In fact, iPad mini is sometimes called the favorite E-reader of the users.
Tag: E-Readers Vs Books:
Based on Plazart Framework
© 2019 Scientific Era