You have read facts about YouTube, you have read other statistics about YouTube, but surely you haven't read about the tricks that you can do on YouTube. Yes, that's right! On YouTube.com, you can do very interesting things, using the tricks mentioned below:
Trick 1: In YouTube search box, enter "Use the force Luke" and watch your YouTube screen wobble.
Trick 2: In the search box, enter "doge meme" and watch all the text become colorful.
Trick 3: Download YouTube videos in seconds. Just change youtube.com to yout.com
For example URL is "www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cars". Change it to "www.yout.com/results?search_query=cars"
and now you can choose the format in which you want to download the video and finally click 'Record MP3' and that's done
Trick 4: Fast Forward or Fast Rewind the YouTube video using the keyboard by clicking numbers from 1 to 9.
Trick 5: Enter in YouTube's search box "do the harlem shake" and watch the YouTube icon dancing.
Trick 6: Convert any YouTube video to 'gif' format quickly. The gif file is much smaller than the actual video file and can easily and quickly be sent/received.
To do this, type 'gif' before youtube.com. For example: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksrk3YpvZX0 . Add 'gif' to it e.g. www.gifyoutube.com/watch?v=Ksrk3YpvZX0 and with a couple clicks, your gif file is ready to download
Trick 7: The last of the YouTube tricks can be very useful for young people or those who have no Google Account. You can now watch age-restricted videos without logging into a Google account. Here is how to do this:
Remove "watch?" from the URL and replace "v=" with "v/" Press Enter and your video will load immediately.
Trick 8: Use Important Keyboard shortcuts:
Press 'k' : Play / pause the video
Press 'm' : Mute the sound
Press 'l' : Forward the video ten seconds
Press 'j' : Rewind the video ten seconds
These were the top tricks you can do on YouTube. Hope you found these interesting!
Also read: Top Interesting Facts About YouTube
Looking for facts about YouTube? You've reached the right place. Read here interesting YouTube Facts that you might now have read before.
- In last two years (2017-2018), the average time people spend on YouTube has increased more than 60%
- About 80% of YouTube's views are from people who live outside USA.
- More than half of the YouTube's views come from mobile users.
- The average time people spend on YouTube using their mobile phones is 40 minutes daily.
- More than 700 YouTube videos are shared by people on their Twitter account, every minute.
- YouTube is the 3rd most visited website in the world, after Facebook and Google.
- The very first video was uploaded on YouTube on 23rd April 2005. It was a video of the YouTube's co-founder Jawed Karim
- Google purchased YouTube just 18 months after it was launched. Google paid US$ 1.65 billion to buy it.
- The famous music video on YouTube 'Gangnam Style' got so many views that the YouTube's views counter broke and it had to be redeveloped to display larger number. The video was viewed 2.5 billion times.
- YouTube owns a production space in Los Angeles for YouTube publishers. Any YouTube publisher who has more than 10,000 subscribers can use this space for free.
- YouTube has a production space in Los Angeles that is free to use if you have 10,000 subscribers.
- YouTube generates more than 92 billion page views every month
- The oldest video on YouTube is of a cat and it is from 1894.
- An average of 300 hours of videos are published on YouTube every single minute.
- Every hour, about 18 billion videos are watched on YouTube.
- YouTube was formed by three ex-employees of PayPal.
- Google earns astonishing four billion US$ every year, from YouTube alone.
- About 9% of small companies in USA use YouTube to advertise their products and services.
- Every day, more than 850,000 videos are uploaded on YouTube.
- The most disliked video on YouTube has 7.5 million dislikes and it is Justin Bieber's 'Baby' video
- Type in your browser https://www.youtube.com/tv and now you can operate YouTube complete with your keyboard, mostly by using the arrow keys and the Enter key
Facebook is already the biggest social media platform in the world. But apparently, it is not content being just that. What it is working on next is to be the place to go if you want to watch videos.
Facebook is Growing Fast
Facebook became the website where most videos were watched last August, overtaking YouTube. With its new tools like playlists, auto-playing videos and separate videos tabs on timelines, Facebook has been working hard to make it very convenient for people to share and watch videos through it. Now not only is it very easy to watch the many videos popping up on your news feed, you can find many related videos you'd want to watch and so you can explore as much as you like.
YouTube Still Going Strong
However, if you want to search for a specific kind of a video like an interview or footage of a recent event, YouTube is still your best option. All of the hundreds of millions of videos on YouTube are accessible through that simple search option. As a result, YouTube's search engine is the second most used in the world, after Google search. Moreover, the sheer time spent by people watching videos on YouTube is way more than on Facebook.
Better Marketing Opportunity
Moreover, advertising through videos on Facebook is now a bigger thing than advertising through videos on YouTube. Companies now prefer to run their video advertising campaigns on Facebook due to better targeted campaigning and more comprehensive ways to judge its success. Simple views are no longer the only metric to judge success. Likes, comments and interaction with the video has been found to be a much better way to get an idea of the success of a video.
Facebook has many advantages over YouTube when it comes to competing for the space as the biggest video social media platform. It has a bigger, more active user base and much more personal information about its users to be used for targeted marketing. But YouTube's style as a video database where you can easily access any video ever uploaded will still take some getting to.
Facts about Internet
1. Research tells us that only 49% of Internet usage is done by humans. This means that the remaining 51% of the Internet traffic comes from bots (software that runs automatically over the Internet). About 20% of the bots come from legitimate sources like Google that send their bots to index websites. Other 31% of bots come from hackers that are trying 24/7 hacking into people's computers to steal private information or to harm big organizations in some way
2. Internet took four years to each 50 million people. Comparing with other technology, TV took 13 years and radio 38 years to reach same number of users.
3. South Korea enjoys world's fastest Internet, at 64 MBs/sec.
4. Seven people in the world hold physical keys required to unlock a box, containing devices that control the world's Internet. And seven more people also hold keys as a backup. Every person keeps one key and they were handed over these keys in a ceremony held in year 2010.
5. The reason why they keep these keys is to encounter with any disaster or a hacking incident, in which case these people will be able to reset, backup and restore the IT infrastructure's setting and configuration.
6. As of December 2018, the Internet is 29 years old
7. The first website was http://info.cern.ch/ and it is still live. This website was launched on 6 August 1991
8. The first ever email was sent by Ray Tomlison in 1971.
9. The very first domain that was officially registered before use was symbolics.com
10. Each day, about 3000 websites are hacked.
11. 250 billion emails are sent everyday.
These were surprising and interesting Internet Facts.